Mandarin Oriental, Canouan to mark debut in Caribbean in early 2018
Mandarin Oriental will be making its debut in the Caribbean after the group acquired the Pink Sands Club, Canouan in St. Vincent & the Grenadines next year. The luxury resort will be rebranded as Mandarin Oriental, Canouan, and is scheduled to open to guests in the first quarter of 2018, with 26 colonial-style suites and six four-bedroom Lagoon Villas.
Mandarin Oriental is entering the Caribbean market next year with the launch of a new hotel in St Vincent and Grenadines. The hotel group will take over the Pink Sands Club on the picturesque island of Canouan, and reservations are already being taken.
The luxury resort will be rebranded as the Mandarin Oriental, Canouan, and is scheduled to open to guests in the first quarter of 2018. The group will also brand and manage a portfolio of new Residences at Mandarin Oriental, close to the hotel in St Vincent and Grenadines, in 2020.
Pink Sands Club, Canouan, sits on the northern side of the island, which is famously known as the “Island of Tortoises”. The property sits on a pristine stretch of Godhal Beach, which is protected by a large natural coral reef in turquoise waters.
The hotel has 26 colonial-style suites and six four-bedroom Lagoon Villas, each boasting magnificent views of Godhal Beach and the Atlantic Ocean. Ground floor suites have private gardens that lead directly to the beach, and suites on the first floor have large fully furnished balconies with views of the sea. There are also four two-bedroom suites with two master bathrooms and his-and-hers walk-in closets for added convenience.
Dining venues at the luxury resort include two fine dining restaurants - Romeo and Juliet – and they serve delicious gourmet Caribbean and international cuisine in within a scenic setting. Guests can also relax with a refreshing drink at the Lagoon Café, at the Pool Bar, or in Turtles, a chic lounge bar.
There’s a lavish spa with nine palapa-style treatment rooms that sit on a verdant hillside where guests can enjoy magnificent views of the sparkling ocean, and there’s a fully equipped fitness centre with weights and cardiovascular equipment.
During their stay, holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of fun and relaxing activities. These include playing golf, tennis, going scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, paddle boarding, and taking trips to the Tobago Cays.
Canouan is a five-mile-long island that sits in the archipelago of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and has been a community of local sailors and fishermen and talented boat builders for decades. The island’s beaches are beautiful and diverse, and range from Grand Bay Beach near the main town of Charlestown and South Glossy Bay with its calm waters, to the beach at Windward Bay which is lined with volcanic rocks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Vincent and the Grenadines Browse all
Plantation styled buildings with views over the shimmering Caribbean Sea
- Sitting on the shores of Admiralty Bay looking out onto the sparkling blue waters of the Caribbean Sea
- Stunning luxury retreat that offers the rarity of both intimacy and spaciousness
- Close to one of Bequia's most stunning bays - Princess Margaret Beach and the charming little town of Port Elizabeth
Escape to a real tropical oasis on a tiny island in the Grenadines, nestled beside a mile and a half of exquisite white sand beach
- Access to the hotel 18-hole Championship Golf Course Trump International *
- Complimentary water sports including hydro bikes, snorkelling equipment and sunfish sailing
- Enjoy your meals at the Palapa Restaurant - an open terrace set right at the water edge, offering Italian & West Indian Cusine
Indulge yourself with lush tropical gardens, crystal blue waters, warm sunshine, and superb food at Young Island
- Stay and receive a Complimentary Spa Voucher for 2 at the hotel's Spa Kalina
- Explore beautiful shores on the private island resort filled with lush tropical gardens and a national wildlife reserve to explore
- Enjoy a variety of complimentary watersports including kayaks, sailing dinghies, and snorkels with masks and flippers all included in your All Inclusive plan
Leave the world behind and escape to Palm Island, a private island that's the ultimate idyllic tropical hideaway - it's what exclusivity is all about
- Superb all-inclusive options at two Ã la carte restaurants, daily afternoon tea, cocktail party, silent disco, beach cinema and weekly cooking demonstrations
- Take to the waters to swim, snorkel and dive, or explore the 135-acre hideaway by foot or bike
- Private island resort with five white sand beaches to choose from
Located on the idyllic paradise island off the south coast of St. Vincent & Grenadines, Young Island is a tropical haven...
Make the most of the exclusive services and one-of-a-kind facilities of the all-inclusive Palm Island Resort during your...
Experience the best of two stunning locations within the Caribbean where you will be able to relax, unwind, and...
Come and lose yourself in the Caribbean Splendour of Bequia Beach Hotel. This new retro-chic beach hotel offers...
Located in a prime beach front location and surrounded by blooming flowers and towering coconut trees you can find the...
Set out on a dream Caribbean excursion in the gorgeous Grenadines archipelago for an unforgettable week of R&R. Besides...