New Mayan Park attraction to open in Cancun in early 2018
A brand new Mayan Park attraction is scheduled to open to visitors in the Cancun Hotel Zone in early 2018. The park will have replicas of Mayan architecture, as well as fun rides including zip lines, and a boat trip through the stunning Nichupte lagoon. Visitors will learn about traditional Mayan culture, and they will have access to the Mayan Museum of Cancun and the Ruins of Rey.
A new attraction in Cancun, Mexico is preparing to open to visitors in early 2018, which will showcase the region’s history and heritage. The Mayan Park attraction is located in the popular Cancun Hotel Zone.
Scheduled to open in mid-January, 2018, the attraction is currently under construction in the Kilometre 16 of the Hotel Zone in Cancun. The park will promote cultural tourism and will have several main attractions, including replicas of Mayan architecture.
According to Francisco Cordova Lira, the Mayan Park project leader, the park is expected to be completed on time, saying:
“We are on time and on November 30th it will be finished to start operating in 2018.”
Mr Lira added:
“The best attractions will be there, and as you walk through the culture that protects the area, visitors will be able to take a souvenir picture at the promotional letters of Cancun.”
The Mayan Park will have zip lines, and holidaymakers will be able to take a boat trip through the beautiful turquoise Nichupte lagoon. They will also have access to the Mayan Museum of Cancun which is located in front of the park, and the Ruins of Rey. There will also be an educational Turibus tour. The park will educate visitors on Mayan culture, allowing them to step into an ancient world in Mexico.
The attraction was originally scheduled to open in 2013, but the initial plan was rejected by the Ministry of Environment. Once adjustments were made to the plan to meet guidelines, the construction began, and it is expected to bring 110 jobs to the area. Tourism officials are expecting the park to attract 15,000 visitors a year, and entry tickets will cost US$99.
Cancun is a hotspot for history-lovers, and the area is thriving with ancient Mayan ruins, temples and sites. Tourists can visit ancient pyramids, and 2,000-year-old temples, including Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza. Popular attractions in the area that portray its history and lush landscapes include the Xcaret Park in the Riviera Maya and the Cancun Underwater Museum, which was created by English artist Jason deCaires Taylor and is home to 400 life-sized sculptures that reflect Mayan people and symbolise the relationship between humans and nature.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Perfect beach location in sunny Cancun to enjoy this all-inclusive holiday of a lifetime
- There is something for everyone on offer at the resort including 6 restaurants, 3 snack bars, 9 bars including 2 swim up bars
- Haven Riviera Cancun has an amazing location between Riviera Maya and Cancun on a stretch of uncrowded pristine beach
- Why not make your holiday extra special by upgrading to the Serenity Club which offers guests private check in and lounge, beachfront accommodation and extra VIP services and amenities.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Discover a world of entertainment at the all-inclusive All Ritmo Cancun Resort and Waterpark in Cancun, Mexico, and join...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury at Oasis Cancun Lite, surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting. Your...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. At Allegro Playacar...