Fairmont Royal Barbados to temporarily close for renovation project
The Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados has started an extensive renovation programme to improve and enhance its accommodation and facilities. The hotel’s accommodation and Lobby will be transformed over the next few months, but the hotel and its facilities will continue to remain open to guests until 28th September. There is also a restaurant renovation scheduled for summer 2018.
The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados is undergoing an extensive refurbishment project to enhance and upgrade its accommodation and facilities. The work has already started to transform its accommodation, but the hotel will remain open for the next month.
The renovation programme started in August and it is scheduled to be completed by November, 2017. The Barbados hotel’s 72 guest rooms and suites and Lobby area will be completely refurbished, and the restaurants will be transformed in another project in summer 2018.
The project will be led by the renowned design agency Richmond International. The company will draw inspiration from the hotel’s natural oceanfront surroundings and plantation heritage, and redesign it whilst keeping the hotel’s heritage and setting at the forefront.
Guests can continue to stay at the hotel and use all of its facilities until 28th September, 2017, before it temporarily shuts for more invasive renovations until its reopening on 15th November. Guests who have existing bookings during the period of closure are being contacted directly by the hotel with information about the available options.
The Fairmont Royal Pavilion is located on 11 acres of lush land on the Platinum West Coast of Barbados. The resort boasts a half-mile stretch of white sand beach where guests can enjoy the warm waters of the turquoise sea. The luxury hotel is 17 miles from the airport, eight miles from the capital city of Bridgetown, and just half mile from the town of Holetown.
The hotel caters for families, couples and groups, and guests can enjoy access to facilities such as swimming pools, a 24-hour modern fitness centre, flood-lit tennis courts, and in-room spa treatments, massages and facials. Dining venues at Fairmont Royal Pavilion include the Palm Terrace restaurant, the Taboras Restaurant, and the ocean-facing Taboras Terrace.
Fairmont Hotels operates a collection of hotels in the Caribbean including Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya, Fairmont Southampton in Bermuda and the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, A Fairmont Managed Hotel in Bermuda, and the soon-to-open Fairmont Saint Lucia hotel. The hotel group has more than 70 luxury hotels in destinations all over the world, including recently opened properties in Istanbul in Turkey, Western China, and Fujairah in the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony or patio
- Great location as a base to discover Barbados
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Save up to 40% plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavours at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Save up to 30% off in all room categories
- Plus save an additional £300 per booking with The Club Barbados Flash Sale
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on the West Coast of Barbados
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
Sugar Bay Barbados is perfect for discovering Bajan Paradise in an All Inclusive Resort
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- September Sale now on with savings of upto 40% PLUS $20 Spa Credit per person
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...