Kumu Beach hotel set for Sri Lanka's west coast
The new Kumu Beach hotel is set to open on Sri Lanka’s west coast in August 2017. The boutique resort will feature 10 luxury rooms overlooking Balapitiya beach and will join Teardrop Hotel’s portfolio of local high-end hotels that include The Wallawwa and Fort Bazaar.
A new boutique beach hotel will open on Sri Lanka’s west coast this August. The 10-room Kumu Beach Hotel will be run by Teardrop Hotels as a sister property to award-winning Sri Lankan resorts The Wallawwa and Fort Bazaar.
The high-end resort will face onto the beach in the west coast town of Balapitiya. Surrounded by gardens, it will feature a 23-metre-long swimming pool bordering on the sand. The hotel’s 10 guest rooms include contemporary deluxe ocean-view suites and ocean-view bedrooms, some with private balconies or garden terraces and each designed in a contemporary style.
Communal facilities include elegant lounge areas, a long dining terrace and a large wooden sun deck. The modern hotel has been designed to stretch out along the oceanfront, making the most of the sea views. Its interiors were created by local designer Annika Fernando and reflect the island aesthetic with bright Batik cushions and colourful local artworks and sculptures adorning the complex.
Guests will be looked after by a team of experienced butlers and dine on a menu of international cuisine that features seafood and local produce. The beach is a nesting ground for marine turtles, and nearby Ambalangoda is the centre for southern crafts such as mask making. Other local experiences include river cruises up the Madu Ganga and watersports in Bentota.
Sri Lanka's capital Colombo is a two-and-a-half hour drive away and the international airport is 130-kilometres away. The surfing and snorkelling hotspot of Hikkaduwa is just 16km from the hotel and the World Heritage Fort of Galle is not far away either, making both destinations easy day trips by car or train.
The new hotel is part of the Sri Lanka Collection marketing company that now represents 13 boutique and luxury hotels in Sri Lanka.
“As with our other Teardrop Hotels, we're delighted that Kumu Beach has been accepted into The Sri Lanka Collection and look forward to working with [them] in developing Teardrop's offering for our travel industry partners and guests.”
Said Teardrop Hotel’s Managing Director Henry Fitch.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy the peace and quiet with a good choice of amenities and a great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Visit many of Sri Lanka's key attractions before ending with a relaxing beach break
- Immerse yourself in Sri Lankan culture on a visit to a native village with catamaran ride and traditional bullock cart trip
- Explore the iconic Sigiriya Rock Fortress, home to the spectacular 'Lion Rock', a citadel of unusual beauty rising 200m from the scrub jungle
- Admire all of Kandy's main sights on a tour around the area which includes a visit to the sacred 'Temple of the Tooth'
- Relax with a beach break on the sandy shores of Beruwala at the end of your Sri Lankan adventure
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- Transport in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- English speaking chauffer guide for the entire round tour
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Escape into the arms of one of Sri Lanka's most picturesque towns and live the sun-drenched holiday of your dreams....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...