AMResorts Collection to enter Colombia with 400-room hotel in Cartagena
Apple Leisure Group continues to expand its domains as its subsidiary AMResorts signs an agreement to open its first resort in Colombia by 2018. Operating under the brand NOW Resorts, the new all-inclusive property will be situated in the Cartagena region and comprise a total of 400 rooms.
After revealing its ambitious plans to continue growing as a hotel group by reaching the sum of 100 hotels in 2020, AMResorts Collection continues to unveil hotel projects around the Latin American region. The subsidiary of the prestigious Apple Leisure Group just announced the opening of a new hotel complex in Colombia. The all-inclusive property, which will operate under the NOW Resorts brand, should be ready to receive tourists by 2018 and comprise enough rooms to accommodate 400 guests.
AMResorts currently counts with properties in various destinations, such as Cancun, Panama, Curacao, Costa Rica and Punta Cana. With this new project, the hotel chain will add Cartagena in Colombia to its domains. Colette Baruth, Senior Vice-president of Marketing, Sales, Revenue, Management and Distribution for the company stated:
“Though beach destinations and the all-inclusive concept is still a favourite amongst travellers, their needs have changed and they are now looking for higher quality in their holiday experience. This is just what AMResorts offers. Spending holidays abroad is a growing tendency amongst Colombians, specifically to the destinations we offer in our hotel network.”
“Though we started out as a company that focused on North American destinations and obtained positive results, we began to open international offices ten years ago.
“Since 2016, we have our own office in Colombia, working under Sales Manager Ximena Gomez. In AMResorts we can boast about being a young company. In spite of lacking experience, during these 15 years we have been able to establish leisure resorts in eight different countries: a total of 28 holiday destinations.”
Before accepting her current job as Senior Sales & Marketing Manager for AMResorts and Apple Leisure Group in Colombia, Ximena Gomez Hanssen worked as National Sales & Marketing Manager of Decameron All Inclusive Hotels and Resorts. AMResorts hopes her experience in the post will result in positive outcomes for the company.
The hotel chain’s upcoming expansion plans also include Cuba. Nonetheless, Alex Zozaya, CEO of Apple Leisue Group had cautioned about the difficulties such plans could face in the event that Donald Trump won the elections in November 2016. The hostile policies recently announced by the US President have complicated negotiations. Though initial conversations with the Cuban authorities have already taken place, suggesting properties that could start operating under AMResorts management, Zozaya thinks it will still take some time before this happens.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Enjoy unlimited luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes and water sports
- A five-star retreat beautifully positioned on the soft white sands of Playa Bavaro in Punta Cana
- Book now and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Master Suite Ocean Front Room
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...