Amilla Fushi resort makes the most of the Maldives manta ray season
Amilla Fushi's guests can look forward to almost-guaranteed sightings of manta rays during their Maldives migration season thanks to a new Manta Adventure excursion offered by the resort’s dedicated marine hub, plus a hotline reporting sightings and scheduling last-minute speedboat trips.
Luxury Maldives resort Amilla Fushi has introduced a new Manta Adventure for guests to make the most of the Baa Atoll’s manta ray migration season. The island resort’s dedicated Marine Hub will offer boat excursions out into the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve to swim with manta rays, plus a "Manta on-call" hotline reporting sightings and organising spontaneous trips.
Between June and November travellers have an excellent chance of spotting manta rays in the Baa Atoll, when they migrate in their hundreds to feed in the atoll's plankton-rich waters. Located in the heart of Baa Atoll, Amilla Fushi’s diving and watersports hub is an ideal base for manta watching.
The new Manta Adventure excursion offers guests a unique opportunity to swim with manta rays at Hanifaru Bay, a renowned protected marine area and the world's largest natural manta ray feeding ground. If guests sign up to Amilla's exclusive manta hotline, the resort says they will never miss an opportunity for a close-up with the rays, with speedboat outings organised the minute there is a sighting. There are also scheduled excursions on alternate days.
Amilla's Marine Hub is a hive of water-based activities. There are guided excursions to explore the island’s house reef, including its renowned Blue Hole dive site; a marine biology course highlighting the area's rich underwater biodiversity; water sports including jet skiing, RS sailing, paddleboarding, X-Jetpacks and Seabobs; plus a fleet of private charter vessels for guests to explore the archipelago.
The resort’s resident marine biologist monitors and approves every marine-related pursuit to ensure that the Baa Atoll’s environment is protected and preserved. There is also a programme of excursions available to guests who want to participate in local marine conservation projects.
The private island resort has 67 villas including overwater cottages and large beach houses. It’s reached via a 30-minute seaplane ride from Male International Airport. As well as swimming pools, beaches and a kids club, the complex has a range of restaurants located in its informal food hub – Bazaar – and fine dining at its over-water restaurant Feeling Koi.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- All meals, snacks and beverages included
- Rooms overlooking the ocean
- Relax on the secluded beach
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
The Sun Island is located on the Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives, which is one of the most sublime coastal...