Movenpick Resort and Spa Kuredhivaru first hotel of Movenpick brand in the Maldives
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts has announced it will add a new luxury property to its global collection. The hotel group will open its first hotel in the Maldives, after signing a management agreement for the Mӧvenpick Resort & Spa Kuredhivaru. Located on Kuredhivaru Island in Noonu Atoll, the resort will open to holidaymakers in the first quarter of 2018.
Movenpick Hotels and Resort has revealed that it will enter the hotel market in the Maldives for the first time, after signing a management agreement for a new luxury resort. The Movenpick Resort & Spa Kuredhivaru Maldives is scheduled to open to guests in the first quarter of 2018.
The luxury resort sits on the idyllic island of Kuredhivaru in the Noonu Atoll in the Maldives, surrounded by natural landscapes and the turquoise Indian Ocean. The property will have 102 villas in total, with 32 Beach Villas and 70 Over Water Villas.
Andrew Langdon, the Chief Development Officer for Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts,commented:
“It’s no secret that the Maldives is a much sought after global holiday destination that is still increasing in popularity.
“We look forward to introduce guests of Mӧvenpick Resort & Spa Kuredhivaru Maldives to Movenpick’s signature style, hospitality and service once it opens.”
Movenpick Resort & Spa Kuredhivaru Maldives will have five diverse dining venues in indoor and outdoor settings, including a grill bar, a seafood restaurant and an all-day dining restaurant. Guests can taste the flavours of the Maldives as well as an array of international dishes, while soaking up the beautiful beach and sea views.
The resort is surrounded by turquoise waters that are teeming with marine life, and guests can enjoy adventurous water activities such as snorkelling and scuba diving. The property also has a five centre, a small marine research centre, and a private marina for 12 catamarans. Holidaymakers can reach the remote island via a 45-minute seaplane ride from Male.
The Swiss-based Movenpick Hotels & Resorts is a hotel management company that operates many luxury properties all over the world. The company focuses on strong eco-friendly and sustainable values and practices, and it operates more than 80 hotels and resorts in 24 countries. A further 20 hotels are in the pipeline or under development in destinations such as Bali in Indonesia, Nairobi in Africa and Chiang Mai in Thailand.
The Maldives is home perfect natural landscapes that are made up of palm-fringed powder-soft white sandy beaches, lush forests, and the sparkling aquamarine sea and lagoons.
The archipelago is made up of nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited, and visitors can choose to choose stay at beachfront resorts, private island getaways, and overwater villas. The capital Male boasts bustling cafes, local markets and souvenir shops along Orchid Magu, as well as upscale boutiques and beauty shops in Majeedhee Magu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
- Exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities (*surcharge may apply)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages all come included in the price of your stay
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...