National Geographic Photographer to host masterclass at Anse Chastanet resort in St Lucia
The Anse Chastanet Resort in St Lucia will host a master class by one of the world’s leading photographers this year. Joe McNally will host the “Advanced Photography and Lighting Workshop” for National Geographic Expeditions at the eco-friendly resort in October, 2017, bringing his expertise after more than three decades contributing to the National Geographic magazine.
One of St Lucia’s most luxurious resorts will host a workshop led by a world-renowned photographer this year. Joe McNally will host the “Advanced Photography and Lighting Workshop” for National Geographic Expeditions at the Anse Chastanet resort.
McNally has been contributing to the National Geographic magazine for more than three decades, and he has assignments in more than 50 countries worldwide. He will host the master class at the eco-friendly resort in St Lucia from 10th to 15th October, 2017.
The workshop is aimed at advanced photographers and National Geographic Photography Workshop alumni. The experienced photographer will teach participants the complexities of advanced photography, give lecture talks, and take students on a trail through the beautiful grounds of Anse Chastanet resort, which is surrounded by a tropical rainforest.
Karolin Troubetzkoy, the Executive Director of Marketing and Operations of Anse Chastanet and its neighbouring sister resort, Jade Mountain, commented:
“In addition to Joe McNally, an international photography legend, we are also delighted to welcome the participants to our resort.”
“It’s wonderful to know they will associate their passion for capturing beauty through their lens with Anse Chastanet.”
During the six-day workshop, participants receive daily instruction and critiques of their images from McNally and a support team of photographers. They will learn about artificial lighting, and different flash techniques from high speed flash to multiple speed light interiors. McNally wants his students to capture St Lucia’s spirit during photo shoots with local islanders within tropical surroundings. National Geographic Expeditions selected Anse Chastanet because it is:
“Blanketed in lush jungles, edged by luminous sandy beaches, and crowned by the staggering twin peaks of its iconic Pitons.”
Anse Chastanet is a luxury resort located on a private estate of 600 beautiful acres of tropical land close to the sandy shores of two beaches with offshore reefs. It is the only resort on the island that boasts views of the both the Piti and Gros Piton mountains that jut out from the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
The upscale resort has individually designed guest rooms that don’t have any modern technology to distract guests from the magnificent natural views. During their stay, tourist can savour delicious, fresh food at the restaurants, relax with a yoga session on the beach go kayaking in the sea, swim in the pool, or indulge in a pampering treatment in the lavish spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at the luxurious Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- Includes $1000 resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Extended offer of up to 70% off on all room types when staying plus up to 2 Kids stay and play FREE
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia, taking advantage of a hotel designed for romanceing
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
- Summer Sale now extended and revised with discounted savings for stays until 2019 of up to 52%
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Additional Booking Bonus of up to £325 per booking on top of the 45% savings - please call for more details
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway at Rendezvous you and your loved one have always fantasised about with a stay on the...
Situated in the heart of Gros Islet is the magnificent Bay Gardens Inn, a classy resort set in lush tropical gardens....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings out...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the all-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...