Beaches in Cuba, Turks and Caicos and Aruba named in TripAdvisor's list of Top 10 Beaches in World
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
The 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards have revealed their annual list of the Top 10 Beaches in the World. Three beaches in the Caribbean made the top five, while the top spot was secured by Baia do Sancho in Brazil.
Last year’s winner took second place this year; Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos is eight kilometres long and boast white sand and turquoise water lapping its shores. The sandy stretch is home a collection of luxury but affordable hotels and resorts, providing the perfect location for a sunshine escape. The beach is also home to the third-largest barrier reef in the world, making it a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling adventures.
In third place was Eagle Beach in Aruba in the Caribbean. The public beach has powder-soft white sand and is very wide, making it a hotspot for holidaymakers who want to relax, play games, or take a dip in the turquoise sea. There’s plenty of parking, a picnic area, beach huts, and a variety of motorised sports available. There are also a collection of low-rise hotels and resorts that are located across the road from the beach.
Dotted across the beach are red and white markers that protect the turtle nests. Four species of sea turtles come to the beach to lay their eggs every year – Loggerhead, Green, Hawksbill, and Leatherback. Each of the nests contains around 80 eggs, and if they’re lucky, holidaymakers can catching the new hatchlings take their first journey to the ocean when they emerge from the nests.
Playa Paraiso on Cayo Largo, Cuba was ranked in fourth place, down one spot from last year’s awards. Known as Paradise Beach in English, the sandy stretch was favoured by travellers for its soft sand, azure sea, and its swimming pool with clear water.
Cayo Largo is a beautiful island located south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea near the popular Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth). The tranquil isle provides a relaxing all-year-round retreat away from the crowds often found in more developed coastal destinations. The virgin island is 28 kilometres long and three kilometres wide, and is home to many unspoilt postcard-perfect beaches, as well as a diverse collection of wildlife such as pelicans, flamingos, turtles, and iguanas.
The ten beaches were rated by travellers who left comments, ratings and reviews on the TripAdvisor website over the past 12 months. These reviews then form the annual Travellers' Choice Awards, which also recognises the best attractions, hotels, restaurants and destinations across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...