Hyatt Ziva Cancun becomes first Hyatt hotel in Mexico to receive Green Globe Certification
Hyatt Ziva Cancun has become the first Hyatt property in Mexico to be awarded Green Globe certification. The luxury hotel in Cancun was recognised for its sustainable operations and management, after it formed 11 Sustainability Teams to target Green Globe certification’s four key themes: Sustainable Management; Cultural Heritage; Social Economic and Environment.
The honour comes after the hotel formed 11 Sustainability Teams to target the four main themes of Green Globe certification: Sustainable Management; Cultural Heritage; Social Economic and Environment. Each of the teams attended weekly meeting to launch new sustainability initiatives, and the General Manager met with each team every two months to check progress, achievements and new opportunities.
Alexandre de Brouwer, the Director General of Hyatt Ziva Cancun, stated:
“We are very proud to have been awarded with the Green Globe certification. As part of the tourism industry and as human beings we have been blessed by Mother Nature and should preserve it for future generations.”
“This award is the result of consistent team work and marks our commitment to continuing to manage and operate our business with the environment, our local community and its culture and traditions in mind.”
A new Sustainability Development Department was also introduced to Hyatt Ziva Cancun, which focused on reducing the hotel’s impact on the environment. A Sustainability Management System was launched to promote the local area’s natural, archaeological and cultural heritage, and the local people and community.
Local organisations also receive support from the hotel, as well as donations and the time of its staff members. Voluntary projects include the Epiphany Caravan which collects toys for children in isolated and impoverished communities, plus fundraising for "Ciudad de la Alegria", a local organisation that helps orphans, women and the elderly. The hotel also focuses on protecting the environment, and practices that have been introduced include waste segregation for recycling, food waste composting, water saving in guest rooms, and the use of biodegradable corn-starch containers.
Hyatt Ziva Cancun is located on the edge of a peninsula in Cancun, next to the city's entertainment district and surrounded on three sides by the Caribbean Sea. Situated just 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport, the luxury hotel has 547 suites, including upscale swim-up suites.
The resort’s facilities include nine restaurants that serve international cuisine, six stylish and casual bars and lounges, an onsite microbrewery, a 24-hour oceanfront fitness centre, a tranquil spa with 13 treatment rooms and an ocean-facing hydrotherapy area, a 745-person capacity ballroom, and 16,000-square-feet of meeting and event space with state-of-the-art audio and visual equipment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Ocean View
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Whether you're looking for a fun holiday with your family, a romantic getaway with your partner or a lively trip with...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. At Allegro Playacar...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....