Dubai launches two #StaySunny video promos aimed at families and youngsters
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
We might technically be close to spring in the UK, yet temperatures aren't that much warmer and sunshine remains elusive. And that lack of sunny weather is precisely what Dubai's Tourist Board is tapping on with their new Easter campaign #StaySunny, launching two brand new promotional videos, one aimed at families seeking an escape from dreary urban life (and stormy weather) and the one aimed at millennials after a sunny, rain-free party lifestyle.
The family video sees a mum coming home after a grocery shopping trip, only to find that dad is busy on a work call and hasn't had time to take the son for an outing to the park, which means she must face the stormy weather once again and layer up the young tot to brave the fierce wind outside.
Just when she's finished layering up and opens the door to go outside, the little one announces he needs a wee. She sighs and the video closes in with an aerial shot of the with the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and the caption:
"Enjoy family fun without the layers."
The video ends with a happy family scene as dad and son come down the water slide and splash about in a massive pool.
The second video sees a young lady getting ready for a night out while a few girlfriends wait for her in a car outside. Like in the previous video she struggles to layer up and doesn't look very happy with the puffy end result as she looks into the mirror – not quite the party look.
As she steps out into the rain and crams into the car, squeezing next to two girlfriends she draws a sun with her finger on the steamy window and a caption pops up:
"Why wish it?"
As the camera zooms in on a scenic image of Dubai Lake and another caption reads:
"A fun girls' trip is a few hours away."
The next scenes show the girls having fun shopping and enjoying cocktails as the #StaySunny caption closes in.
All in all, two highly evocative videos of harsh winter and wet spring realities for westerners, especially here in the UK when summer is still a long way away. But now you know, if you fancy a bit of spring sunshine, Dubai is a pleasant short flight away, with guaranteed sunshine whatever the time of year!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- Receive complimentary boat transfers to the iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
- Choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The new Sofitel The Palm Dubai epitomizes understated luxury combined with the utmost comfort. Located on Dubai's iconic...
Savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm, and enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine. One of the most...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...