Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort to host pop-up art gallery this summer
The Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort in Mexico has announced a partnership with TerrinArt to create a pop-up art gallery at the luxury property. Featuring six paintings by Peter Terrin, a Belgian artist and Playa del Carmen ex-pat, the gallery will be located in the foyer of the grand ballroom and guests can enjoy the art work throughout June, 2017.
Art lovers will be in for a treat this summer when they visit the Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort. The luxury resort in Mexico is teaming up with a local artist to create a pop-up art gallery throughout the month of June.
The resort has formed a partnership with TerrinArt to feature Peter Terrin’s work, which is self-described as “a mix of modern impressionist and assiduous old school.” Six of the artist’s paintings will be showcased at the exhibition in the foyer of the resort’s opulent Grand Ballroom.
Peter Terrin is a Belgian artist who now resides in Puerto Aventuras Qroo in Playa del Carmen. His work has been displayed at numerous exhibitions including Art Monaco 2015; ArtExpo New York 2015; Spectrum Art Miami 2014; Kayapo Guardians of the Rain Forest Toronto, 2014; Shared Interest New York 2014; Coming Home / Solo Show Belgium 2014; Brussels Art Fair 2013; Gallery of Kunstkeuken Netherlands 2012 and Faces of the Universe Mexico 2012.
Located in Quintana Roo in eastern Mexico, Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort is situated just steps away from the famous Mamitas Beach, and Playa del Carmen’s nightlife and Fifth Avenue shopping area.
The resort is surrounded by a section of protected mangrove jungle that serves as a natural wildlife sanctuary. Designed by the world-famous "Sordo Madaleno" architecture group, the property boasts open-air architecture and features natural elements throughout.
There are 314 guest rooms including 36 suites, 20 oceanfront “air suites”, and two presidential suites. Guests can stay in swim-up suites that offer direct access to one of the resort’s infinity pools, where they can enjoy the beautiful views overlooking the white sand beach. Each room has floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces with stunning ocean views of the ocean, as well as double-sink bathrooms with dedicated vanity areas and three-headed showers.
The resort’s upscale facilities include the Cenote Spa that spans 6,000 square-feet, features and unique design with intricate stonework detail and mood lighting. The spa has eight treatment rooms, hydrotherapy stations, a eucalyptus steam room, fibre optic chromotherapy showers, a studio with yoga, Pilates, Crossfit and meditation classes, and a modern fitness centre.
There are eight swimming pools, including three infinity pools, and children will find plenty of fun activities at Camp Hyatt. The onsite beach is the perfect place to relax in the sun or take a dip in the turquoise sea.
Dining venues at the property include The Grill at 1-26 with ocean views and a selection of fresh seafood and steaks, and the family-style Mexican and Caribbean restaurant, "La Cocina". The menus have been carefully designed by Chef Nadine Waechter Moreno, a world-class chef who has made her name at several award-winning hotels, such as Park Hyatt Tokyo.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean View
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. At Allegro Playacar...
Enjoy the many amazing facilities of the all-inclusive Iberostar Paraiso del Mar resort and delight yourself with the...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury at Oasis Cancun Lite, surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting. Your...