The Chatwal Maaga and Dream Gasveli two new resorts in the Maldives from Dream Hotel Group
The Dream Hotel Group has announced the signing of two new hotels in the Maldives with Mohamed Manik and Alpha Kinam Holdings. The Chatwal Maaga Maldives with 80 villas and Dream Gasveli Maldives with 500 luxury villas are scheduled to open to holidaymakers in 2019 and 2020 respectively, and the expansion will triple the hotel group’s presence in Asia.
The Dream Hotel Group has entered into a partnership with entrepreneur Mohamed Manik and Alpha Kinam Holdings to develop two new hotels in the Maldives. The Chatwal Maaga Maldives and Dream Gasveli Maldives will open in 2019 and 2020, respectively.
The new Maldives resorts will triple Dream Hotel Group’s presence in Asia. The hotel group has a plan to sign for 150 new hotels and resorts across the world under all four of its brands – Dream, Time, The Chatwal and Unscripted.
“Last year, we signed more new hotels and resorts than ever before. I’m thrilled to announce another equally strong year of growth momentum with the signing of The Chatwal Maaga and Dream Gasveli in the Maldives, one of the strongest luxury leisure resort markets in the world.”
Commented Jay Stein, the CEO of the Dream Hotel Group.
The Chatwal Maaga Maldives resort will be located in the North Ari Atoll in the Maldives, and will have 80 ultra-luxury villas, six private villas, and two lavish presidential villas. The hotel will have three gourmet restaurants, and it will be the second The Chatwal collection hotel to be added to the collection.
Dream Gasveli Maldives will be located across three islands in the Meemu Atoll, and will be the largest fully-integrated resort to be developed in the Indian Ocean. The resort will have a total of 500 villas, plus eight diverse restaurants, bars and nightlife venues, the signature Dream Beach Club, more than 10 designer brand shops with exclusive duty-free, and a 20,000-square-foot spa and wellness centre with a range of lavish treatments and services.
Mohamed Manik, the Chairman of Alpha Kinam Holdings, added:
“I’ve been in the resort and hotel business for over 30 years in the Maldives. I am pleased to partner with Dream Hotel Group in bringing its leading edge lifestyle brands to the Maldives and look forward to taking our luxury market experiences one step beyond here with many more projects in the future.”
The Dream Hotel Group is looking to add more than 30 hotels and resorts in the Asia region over the next four years. The company will also make its debut in Doha in Qatar, and it will open new properties in Nashville, Dallas, Palm Springs, and New York in the United States in the near future.
The Maldives is an archipelago nation situated in the Indian Ocean, spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which just 200 are inhabited. The country was a British Protectorate in 1887 and was protected by Britain against colonial expansion for more than 70 years, before gaining full independence on 26th July, 1965.Its idyllic white sand beaches, turquoise lagoons and all-year-round sunshine make it one of the most popular destinations in the world for romantic breaks, honeymoons and beach holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...