Ground broken on multi-million dollar "Sandals Barbados Phase II" expansion project
Ground has been broken on the expansion of the Dover Beach project in Barbados by Sandals Resorts International. The construction of "Sandals Barbados Phase II" is scheduled to be completed by November, 2017, and will include the addition of 222 guest rooms and suites, seven new swimming pools, five restaurants, a spa and wellness sanctuary, and an entertainment centre.
Construction of the expansion of Sandals Resorts International’s Dover Beach property in Barbados has officially started after ground was broken earlier this month. The resort’s “Sandals Barbados Phase II” expansion project is scheduled to be completed by November, 2017.
The multi-million dollar project will add 222 guest rooms and suites to the all-inclusive resort in Barbados, bringing a total of 502 rooms available to holidaymakers. This will make it the largest Sandals resort in the Eastern Caribbean.
Sandals Barbados Dover Beach has been open for two years, and the expansion is underway to keep up with the demand of increasing visitors, following successful occupancy levels so far at the property. According to Richard Sealy, the Minister of Tourism, at least 20,000 of the 590,000 visitors travelling to the island nation in 2015, stayed at Sandals Barbados.
The luxury resort is situated on the south side of Barbados, on the site of the former Couples Resort in St Lawrence. Guests can choose from three accommodation categories, including Ocean Village, Crystal Lagoon Village and Caribbean Village with swim-upriver suites and suites with private butler service.
Facilities at the Caribbean hotel include a modern fitness centre, the brand’s signature Red Lane Spa with six treatment rooms, a collection of gourmet restaurants, and an amphitheatre that overlooks the beautiful Dover Beach.
The “Sandals Barbados Phase II” will also bring an array of new upscale facilities to the site. These include seven swimming pools, five restaurants, a new spa and wellness centre, an entertainment centre with a main stage for concerts, and a new conference and meeting facility which spans 10,500 square feet.
Situated in the North Atlantic Ocean, Barbados is an island nation that has become a popular destination for the rich and famous. The island is home to a variety of hotels, apartments and accommodation options that cater for all ages and all budgets.
The country boasts some of the Caribbean’s most picturesque natural landscape, including powder-soft white sandy beaches, thriving nature parks, and the cobalt sea with thriving coral reefs where divers and snorkelers can swim alongside colourful and diverse marine creatures.
Some of the island’s leading tourist attractions include the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary, and the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site and capital of Barbados, Bridgetown. During their stay, holidaymakers can shop in Bridgetown’s high end boutiques, wander around traditional craft markets, visit museums and art galleries, or take a stroll up to the 17th Century Garrison.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Great Location as a base to discover Barbados
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- September Sale with up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Sugar Bay Barbados is perfect for discovering Bajan Paradise in an All Inclusive Resort
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- September Sale now on with savings of upto 40% PLUS $20 Spa Credit per person
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Beachfront Property a short walk from the popular St Lawrence Gap
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...