St Lucia to launch SOLEIL - the Saint Lucia Summer Festival this year
St Lucia has announced the line-up for a series of new summer festivals taking place between May and October, 2017. SOLEIL – the Saint Lucia Summer Festival will be made up of six events taking place on the Caribbean island, and will include St Lucia Jazz in May, Roots & Soul in June, Saint Lucia Food & Rum Festival in August, and the Arts & Heritage Festival in October.
Travellers heading to St Lucia this summer will be in for a treat as the nation launches its SOLEIL – the St Lucia Summer Festival. The summer festival series will feature six main events happening on the island, ranging from music and art, to food and drink.
The festivals will be taking place between May and October this year, and will take place at various locations across the Caribbean island.
The events will kick off in May with the St Lucia Jazz festival that will take place in several venues and settings from 12th to 14th May. Headliners for this year’s concert include Vanessa Williams, Rachelle Ferrell, Rupert Lay, Victor Provost, Malavoi, the Rupert Lay Quartet, Michael Robinson, and Bluemango. The event will finish with a big concert at Pigeon Island National Landmark.
From 16th to 18th June, the Roots & Soul festival will take place, and will mark the beginning of the St Lucia Carnival. The event will feature reggae, hip hop, Afropunk and R&B music from various artists.
The St Lucia Carnival will take place from mid-June until mid-July, and will include music performances, parades and fashion shows taking place across the island. The festival will end with the Parade of the Bands on 17th and 18th July, 2017.
August will see the launch of the St Lucia Food & Rum Festival; an event that focuses on the gastronomic delights of the island nation and beyond. The festival features appearances from chefs, wine connoisseurs, and rum and food experts from all over the world. The event will have cooking demonstrations, rum and wine tastings, special dinners, and musical performances, and will take place on 24th to 27th August, 2017.
Country and western music will be celebrated on 15th to 17th September at the Country & Blues Festival. Musical storytellers from near and far will perform live and festival-goers can enjoy a wide range of musical genres from the past and present that resonate with St. Lucian folk traditions.
SOLEIL – the Saint Lucia Summer Festival will conclude in October with the Arts & Heritage Festival. This month-long event will celebrate the cultural artistic heritage of St Lucia, and will include music and dance performances, art exhibitions, culinary events, lectures, and vibrant street parties that will celebrate everything great about the island and its Caribbean culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- Includes $1000 resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Extended offer of up to 70% off on all room types when staying plus up to 2 Kids stay and play FREE
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia, taking advantage of a hotel designed for romanceing
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
- Summer Sale now extended and revised with discounted savings for stays until 2019 of up to 52%
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Additional Booking Bonus of up to £325 per booking on top of the 45% savings - please call for more details
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at St James's Club Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway at Rendezvous you and your loved one have always fantasised about with a stay on the...
Situated in the heart of Gros Islet is the magnificent Bay Gardens Inn, a classy resort set in lush tropical gardens....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings out...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...