Hilton announces plans for nine new hotels in Mexico
International hotel giant Hilton has signed up nine new properties in Mexico that will be developed and opened in the next couple of years. Ranging from coastal retreats to historic boutiques, the new hotels will add more than 1,200 guest rooms to the country’s flourishing tourism offering.
Global hotel brand Hilton has announced the signing of nine new properties in Mexico under various brands, including Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton.
The new hotels will join Hilton’s burgeoning portfolio of more than 45 properties in Mexico.
The new hotels joining Hilton’s portfolio include
- The 226-room Hilton Guadalajara Midtown expected to open in early 2018 and situated in the capital of Mexico’s western Jalisco province, known for its tequila and mariachi bands.
- The 93-room Fives Downtown Hotel Playa del Carmen, Curio Collection by Hilton, which will be Hilton’s first hotel in Mexico’s tourist town of Playa del Carmen, along the Yucatán Peninsula's Riviera Maya strip of Caribbean shoreline.
- The 1970 Hotel Posadas Guadalajara, Curio Collection by Hilton in the heart of Guadalajara.
- The 32-room Zacatecas Centro Historico, Curio Collection by Hilton housed in a renovated 19th-century building, due to open in early 2018.
- The Hilton Garden Inn Merida slated to open in the first half of this year, just north of the city of Merida and close to Plaza Altabrisa, one of the city’s largest shopping malls.
- The 189-room Hilton Garden Inn Mexico City Santa Fe, expected to open in late 2017 as part of the first dual-branded Hilton property in Mexico. The 172-room DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, the other half of the development, opened last month.
- The Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Saltillo that will add 200 hotel rooms to the capital of Coahulia when it opens in 2019.
- The 134-room Hampton Inn by Hilton Cancun scheduled to open in the first half of 2017 in the Pabellon Cumbres area of the city.
Together the new hotels will add more than 1,200 guest rooms to Mexico’s tourism offering. Hilton’s Managing Director for Development in Mexico, Central America and the Hispanic Caribbean, Juan Corvinos, said:
“Mexico continues experiencing impressive tourism growth, and the addition of these hotels will help satisfy the increasing demand from both leisure and business travellers.”
And he added:
“With nearly 100 open properties in Latin America, Hilton continues to actively pursue growth opportunities in the region. We currently have a robust pipeline of more than 60 hotels across Latin America, including over 30 projects in Mexico.”
Several Hilton properties opened in Mexico last year, including DoubleTree by Hilton Veracruz, Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Puebla Angelópolis, Hampton Inn by Hilton Durango, Hampton Inn by Hilton Piedras Negras, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Salamanca and Hampton Inn by Hilton Irapuato.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
An unforgettable holiday to a 5-star all-inclusive beach hotel in Riviera Maya
- Sip an exotic cocktail at Helios, an adults-only beach club
- Make reservations using the Grand Palladium Hotel Group application
- A wide range of treatments at the Zentropia Palladium Spa & Wellness
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all-inclusive luxury 24 hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Mega savings for Summer travel
- All-inclusive Unlimited-Luxury® concept
- Amazing beachfront Resort
A secluded location at a beautiful all-inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Amazing reductions up to 55% off
- Set in a secluded location in Riviera Maya
- All Suite all Adults-Only romantic resort
Indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets the Vine, a haven of natural beauty
- 5* Adults Only Resort in the heart of Cancun
- Unlimited-Luxury® including gourmet dining
- Upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Located on the pristine beach of Costa Mujeres just a short drive away from the vibrant city of Cancún, the TRS Coral...
Located in the vibrant Riviera Maya area along the white sandy Mexican coastline, the TRS Yucatan Hotel is a...
Enjoy the many amazing facilities of the all-inclusive Iberostar Paraiso del Mar resort and delight yourself with the...
The Maya Riviera has been a tourist magnet for many years now; heed the call of this magical destination and enjoy sun...
Take a luxurious and fun-packed 15-day retreat at Mexico's famous Riviera Maya, while you enjoy the many amenities of...