Maldives' Hideaway Beach Resort launches free-diving school
The Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa in the Maldives has added a new free-diving programme to its list of aquatic activities available to guests. The PADI-accredited lessons will allow guests to explore the surrounding coral reefs without underwater breathing apparatus.
The five-star Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa in the Maldives has launched PADI free-diving classes at its on-site Meridis Dive and Relax dive centre. The resort is one of a handful of hotels in the tropical archipelago to offer free-diving to guests.
Designed for both novices and diving enthusiasts, the new lessons teach guests the art of moving efficiently underwater with one single breath and without the use of scuba apparatus. Freed from the weight of bulky scuba equipment, divers can have a more natural and immersive experience exploring the Maldives famously rich coral reefs and crystalline waters. With no oxygen bubbles to distort visibility, it’s easier to get an up-close look at the island's most exotic sea life, from dolphins and stingrays to whale sharks and sea turtles.
The freediving classes are run by professional and knowledgeable instructors, Yuko Nolte and Kirsten Franz-Peter Nolt, who have more than 20 years of collective diving expertise. Combining the practices used in yoga and meditation, guests will learn free-diving techniques as well as the fundamental principles of breath-hold (Apnea), and the ways to manage the urge to breathe underwater.
Meridis Dive & Relax offers an array of PADI-accredited free-diving lessons, including one- to three-day beginner courses incorporating essential techniques such as streamlining and duck diving, and a three-day advanced course teaching the skills necessary to reach depths of up to 24 metres.
The one-day fun free-diving lesson takes divers out to two sites of their choice by boat. Guests can choose to explore the Aquarium dive site featuring two ship wrecks at 16 metres teeming with marine life including manta rays, moray eels and lion fish. Another spectacular dive site is Mathi Faru with colourful soft corals, octopi and stingrays. For those new to free-diving, Mathi Faru offers a reef plateau just 10 metres deep, while advanced divers can explore its vertical wall dropping down to 30 metres.
Fun free-diving lessons start from £91 per person including two dives over the course of one day and a designated free-diving instructor.
The luxury Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa is surrounded by a unique reef system and numerous shelving sandy beaches, with almost 50 dive spots close by. Its extensive facilities include the first fully functional marina in the Maldives.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities (*surcharge may apply)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages all come included in the price of your stay
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Relax and enjoy a sensory experience at Coconut Spa, try out a new water sport, or simply relax and savour your Maldivian adventure
- Enjoy Complimentary Water Sports including Canoeing, Windsurfing & Catamaran Sailing
- Explore the best underwater habitat with the Diving Centre Guides
- Indulge from a wide array of Dining experiences including Italian specialties, international and local delicacies
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...