New Rosewood resort lined up for Mexico's Riviera Nayarit
A new Rosewood resort is planned for the growing Mexico beauty spot of Riviera Nayarit on the country's western coast, not far from Puerto Vallarta. The 130-room Rosewood Mandarina hotel will face onto one of region's white Pacific beaches and is scheduled to open in 2019.
Luxury hotel operator Rosewood Hotels and Resorts has announced plans to open a new resort on the west coast of Mexico in 2019. The new 130-room Rosewood Mandarina beach hotel will overlook a tropical beach in the growing Riviera Nayarit region on Mexico’s Pacific coast and will be Rosewood’s fifth property in the country.
Only a short drive from the popular holiday destination of Puerto Vallarta, which has its own international airport, the hotel will be easily accessible to tourists while retaining the feel of a remote tropical resort. The Nayarit region is renowned for its diverse landscape with lagoons, rivers, volcanoes, almost 200 miles of beach along the Pacific Ocean, thick jungle and mountains to the west.
Rosewood Hotel Group’s Chief Executive Officer Sonia Cheng, said:
“With all the natural beauty and adventure that Riviera Nayarit has to offer, Mandarina will effortlessly embody the brand’s Sense of Place philosophy.”
Rosewood Mandarina will feature 130 guestrooms, suites and villas with panoramic views across the mountains, beaches and ocean. There will be three restaurants and bars within the resort complex including a speciality restaurant and sunset bar, as well as more informal options such as a pool grill and beach bar.
The resort will offer three swimming pools, a fitness centre and a spa with 10 treatment rooms. The decor around the beachfront property will draw inspiration from the local pre-historic Huichole and Cora cultures, combining it with modern luxury and comfort.
The Mandarina plans to offer guests a chance to connect with their natural environment and take part in eco-activities – from fishing in the lagoons or off the coast to learning about local agriculture or taking a scenic hike up the mountainside.
Rosewood Mandarina will join a network of Rosewood properties in Mexico and Central America that includes Rosewood Mayakoba, Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, Las Ventanas al Paraíso, and Rosewood Puebla – which is slated to open in 2017.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Ocean View
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Junior Suite Pool View
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean View
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. At Allegro Playacar...
Enjoy the many amazing facilities of the all-inclusive Iberostar Paraiso del Mar resort and delight yourself with the...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury at Oasis Cancun Lite, surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting. Your...