Hurawalhi Island Resort in Maldives to open doors in December 2016
The Hurawalhi Island Resort in Maldives is scheduled to open to guests in December, 2016. The luxury hotel has an undersea restaurant, a champagne pavilion, and 90 upscale villas, including 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas. The eco-friendly resort has a series of sustainable features including solar panels, a water bottling plant, hot water recovery and an in-house marine biologist.
Hurawalhi Island Resort will open its doors to holidaymakers visiting the Maldives in December, 2016. The upscale resort has 90 lavish villas, and it is located 40 minutes by seaplane from the main island of Male.
The island retreat has been built with the environment in mind, and it has a series of sustainable and energy saving features. These include solar panels, its own water bottling plant, hot water recovery system, and an in-house marine biologist who can educate guests on the marine species found in surrounding lagoons and ocean.
Accommodation at the resort includes 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas. The villas boast natural decor and furnishings, king size beds, wooden floors and furnished private terraces with views of the sparkling Indian Ocean. Some of the villas have private infinity pools, and all have modern amenities and bathrooms with rain showers.
The property’s dining venues include an unusual undersea restaurant, called "5.8 Undersea", which is surrounded views of the underwater world and its colourful inhabitants; the Aquarium Restaurant and Bar with over the water al fresco dining and views, and fresh seafood; and the Canneli Restaurant with buffet-style menu and live cooking stations. There is also a Champagne Pavilion and the beachfront Coco Bar.
Leisure facilities at Hurawalhi include an infinity swimming pool with views of the turquoise ocean, a modern fitness centre, and the Duniye Spa with its wide range of replenishing treatments that are inspired by nature and the sea. Guests can take part in a variety of fun activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, photography sessions, water sports, and excursions to nearby islands and the capital Male.
The resort’s idyllic setting provides the perfect spot for a romantic weddings, and couples can choose from a various picturesque venues for their ceremonies, including the white sand beach or by the poolside. For a unique wedding reception, newlyweds can celebrate with close family and friends in the undersea restaurant.
The onsite Marine Biology Centre allows guests to learn about the surrounding ocean’s marine life, coral reefs and conservation projects in special workshops. The facility is led by a resident marine biologist and is run in partnership with Prodivers Maldives. The resort also collaborates with marine conservation and education specialists, WiseOceans, on research projects.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity
- Try snorkelling, scuba diving and more
- Stay in luxurious bungalows
- Excellent choice of for both dining and drinking
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
The Sun Island is located on the Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives, which is one of the most sublime coastal...