Abercrombie & Kent to launch new land and sea cruise to Cuba in 2017
Abercrombie & Kent has announced the launch of a new land and sea itinerary in Cuba that will take travellers on a journey around the Caribbean island from March, 2017. The tour operator will offer the new Cuba by Land & Sea: A People-to-People Cruise, which will last a total of 10 nights, including seven nights onboard the 58-passenger sailing yacht, Le Ponant.
Abercrombie & Kent will launch a brand new people-to-people cruise programme next year that will take travellers on a journey around Cuba’s land and sea. The tour company will offer the Cuba by Land & Sea: A People-to-People Cruise starting March, 2017. Travellers will get to explore the island’s beautiful destinations on the 10-night tour.
The itinerary will start with a flight from Miami to Havana, and will include seven nights aboard Ponant’s Le Ponant sailing yacht, as well as hotel accommodation before and after the cruise.
Bob Simpson, the Vice President of Abercrombie & Kent, Expedition Cruising, explained:
“Cuba has so much to offer that we have been working on new ways for our guests to see more of the country. This itinerary combines the most popular elements of our land programs with more remote regions like colonial Trinidad and the pristine waters of Punta Francés, a reserve that few Americans have had the opportunity to visit.
"And best of all, because of A&K’s years of experience operating in Cuba, the necessary government approvals are already in place for the complete itinerary.”
The sailing yacht can accommodate 58 guests in 29 private cabins, and during the voyage, travellers can enjoy an al fresco restaurant, a dining room with international cuisine, and a marina where they can snorkel and swim.
Also as part of the cruise, and in order to comply with the people-to-people programme, passengers will take part in a variety of excursions and activities in Cuba, including trips to the Punta Francés Nature Reserve and reef where they can snorkel or take the zodiac cruise; lunches on land in traditional and local paladars with delicious Cuban cuisine; and a tour with a local architect who will show tourists the different styles of building in Cuba’s capital Havana, and the country’s efforts to restore them.
The cruises will take place from 1st to 11th March, 2017 (Havana to Santiago de Cuba) and from 9th to 19th March, 2017 (Santiago de Cuba to Havana). Prices start from $9,995 per person, and include hotel and cruise accommodation, onboard lectures, shore excursions, and most drinks and gratuities.
The new land and sea itinerary follows the announcement of two new land and sea tours to Cuba by Zegrahm Expeditions. The Heart of Cuba tour will launch in October, 2016, and will explore historical sites and cities on land, while the Cuba Under Sail tour will set off in March, 2017 and will nearly circumnavigate the whole island on the Le Ponant sailing ship.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...