Abu Dhabi hotels to charge new municipality fees to guests
Hotels in Abu Dhabi will soon charge a four per cent municipality tax and a $4 charge per night on bills for guests. The fees will be collected by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority and will be added to the government's budget. Guests staying at the emirate's hotel already have to pay a city tax of six per cent and a 10 per cent service charge during their stay.
A new municipality tax will be soon be enforced at hotels in Abu Dhabi on top of the existing fees that guests already pay. Guests staying at hotels in the emirate will have to pay a four per cent municipality tax, as well as a 15 AED charge ($4) per night, which will be collected by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority.
The fee will go towards the Abu Dhabi government, and will be charged on top of the six per cent city tax and the 10 per cent service charge enforced by hotels. The new fees are estimated to bring in an additional $122 million per annum to the emirate.
In 2015, more than four million travellers stayed in Abu Dhabi, and visitor numbers increased by 18 per cent. Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates in the Middle East, and it has become a popular holiday destination for travellers from all over the globe due to its luxury hotels, annual events and all-year-round sunshine.
Tourists can visit a wide range of attractions, such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, and the Abu Dhabi Mall. The waterfront, vast sandy beaches, world-class golf courses and verdant green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation away from the bustling city.
Nature lovers can escape to Sir Bani Yas Island, a wildlife reserve that was created by Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the late president of the United Arab Emirates. The island is home to a 4,100 hectare Arabian Wildlife Park with mangroves, lagoons, and more than 13,000 wild animals and birds as a result of dedicated environmental and conservation efforts.
Branches of the Louvre and Guggenheim museums and the Zayed National Museum, are currently under development, as part of a cultural district in Abu Dhabi. The Guggenheim and Louvre museums are located on the natural Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi, which is located 500m off the coast of the mainland.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Upgrade to All Inclusive package! Call us now!
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
A dynamic place to stay, dine, meet and mingle in the heart of Abu Dhabi's destination island
- Shuttle transfer to Yas Waterworld and Ferrari World inclusive
- Upgrade your stay to an incredible All Inclusive experience
- Dine at a wide selection of restaurants. Cuisine includes Asian, European and Lebanese
Breathe in that fresh sea air with two oceanfront properties across two exciting destinations
- Indulge in the award-winning dining in Abu Dhabi
- Two idyllic sea front hotels with stunning views
- Studio style with seperate living area and kitchenette in Phuket
Discover the magic of two beautiful destinations in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Radisson Blu Hotel & Resort Abu Dhabi Corniche is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the Marina Shopping Mall
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Smartline Eriyadu is located in the far North Western edge of the North Male Atoll. The island is perfect for a tropical...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...