Autograph Collection adds El Mangroove in Costa Rica to its portfolio
A new hotel in Costa Rica has been added to the portfolio of Autograph Collection Hotels. El Mangroove will be the brand's second property in the country, and is located off the Gulf of Papagayo on 17 acres of lush tropical land. With 83 guest suites, holidaymakers will be able to enjoy the beachfront setting and facilities including a swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, and the MAKOKO restaurant.
Autograph Collection Hotels has announced that it has added a second hotel in Costa Rica to its portfolio. El Mangroove is situated off the Gulf of Papagayo in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica, and is spread across 17 acres of tropical land.
Sitting on 150 metres of beachfront, the resort has incorporated the country's natural beauty in its design and architecture with wood, stone, bamboo and water elements featured throughout.
The property has 83 guest suites and an array of facilities including a 130-foot swimming pool that offers views overlooking the sparkling Gulf of Papagayo, a modern spa and fitness centre, and outdoor exercise decks and "wild-fit" areas.
"We are proud to welcome El Mangroove to Autograph Collection Hotels and into our family of properties and brands across the Caribbean and Latin America."
Stated Tim Sheldon, the President of the Caribbean and Latin America at Marriott International. Mr Sheldon also explained:
"This year we welcomed our 100th property in the region, and I am certain that El Mangroove will bring both a unique and culturally rich perspective to the expanding portfolio."
Guests will have a choice of two dining outlets: MAKOKO with its farm-to-table and ocean-to-table menus, and the oceanfront MATISS with its teak deck, fresh menu, and informal setting.
El Mangroove hosts regular live entertainment and music for guests, and holidaymakers will have access to on-site bicycles, paddle boards, kayaks, and boats that can be used for fishing and surfing trips, sunset tours, and whale and dolphin watching excursions.
"Joining forces with a power house in the lodging industry like Marriott International is a true acknowledgement of our efforts and commitment to offering unique guest experiences."
Explained Jose Monge, the General Manager of El Mangroove. Mr Monge continued:
"We are very excited about this new venture and look forward to the success of this hotel in the years to come under the Autograph Collection Hotels brand."
The luxury hotel is located just 20 minutes from Daniel Oduber International Airport in Liberia in the Guanacaste province.
Guanacaste boasts an array of pristine white sand beaches and the thriving Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to beautiful cascading waterfalls and a variety of wildlife species such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats and hundreds of colourful birds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- Activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...