Oberoi Hotel Group to open new luxury hotel in Maldives
The Oberoi Group has signed a management contract with Subramanya Construction and Development Company Limited to open a brand new hotel in the Maldives. The companies have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Maldives to build a new luxury resort in the Indian Ocean archipelago.
The Oberoi Group will manage a new hotel in the Maldives, after signing a management contract with the Bengaluru-based real estate developer Subramanya Construction and Development Company Limited (SCDCL).
The two companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Government of Maldives in the presence of Mr. Moosa Zameer, the Minister of Tourism in the Maldives.
"A luxury resort in Maldives requires expertise in design and operations of world class standards. The Oberoi Group, which is rated as the best luxury hotel brand in the world, is well suited for this development."
Explained Mr K.N. Balasubramanyam, the chairman and MD of SCDCL. In a press statement Mr Balasubramanyam also commented:
"We look forward to working with The Oberoi Group to create more of such luxurious offerings globally and would like to say that this extraordinary project will make a major contribution to our long term partnership."
SCDCL has undertaken the investment for the acquisition and development of the new luxury resort in the Indian Ocean archipelago. Mr P.R.S. Oberoi, the Executive chairman of The Oberoi Group, explained:
"We are extremely pleased to partner and assist SCDCL in the design and management of the proposed luxury resort. The resort will reflect the legendary Oberoi service delivered by an attentive and caring team, making it the preferred choice for luxury travellers."
The Oberoi Group was founded in 1934 and it operates 30 luxury hotels, a Nile Cruiser and a Motor Vessel in Kerala. The hotel group operates hotels and resorts under the luxury Oberoi and five-star Trident brands in India, Egypt, Mauritius, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and The United Arab Emirates.
The Maldives is an archipelago nation spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which only 200 are inhabited.
Home to stunning natural landscapes and blue skies, holidaymakers can enjoy a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters.
The islands offer magnificent scuba diving conditions and during underwater adventures, divers can catch sightings of an abundance of tropical marine creatures including turtles, stingrays, dolphins, whale sharks, zebra sharks, manta rays, angel fish, clown fish, butterfly fish and parrot fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Relax and enjoy a sensory experience at Coconut Spa, try out a new water sport, or simply relax and savour your Maldivian adventure
- Enjoy Complimentary Water Sports including Canoeing, Windsurfing & Catamaran Sailing
- Explore the best underwater habitat with the Diving Centre Guides
- Indulge from a wide array of Dining experiences including Italian specialties, international and local delicacies
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...