Royalton Riviera Cancun receives Gold Award for sustainability
Royalton Riviera Cancun has been awarded the Gold Award for Sustainability from Travelife. The luxury hotel in Mexico was recognised for its strong commitment to sustainable operations, The property opened in December last year and runs several programmes including sea turtle conservation, waste management, and hosting art fairs where guests can purchase handmade souvenirs crafted by locals.
Royalton Riviera Cancun received the Gold Award for Sustainability by Travelife last month. The luxury resort in Cancun, Mexico was recognised for its sustainable practices and commitment to managing its impact environmentally, socially, and economically.
Royalton Riviera Cancun opened in December, 2014, and in that year the management team and staff have incorporated sustainable programmes such as sea turtle conservation and responsible waste management.
Francisco Jorge, General Manager of Royalton Riviera Cancun, explained:
"This acknowledgement from Travelife helps us show our guests just how well we are able to operate in a sensible manner. From the local environment to fair business practices, Royalton Riviera Cancun strives to lead by example."
The sea turtle programme ran from May to November this year and involved the protection of 50 turtle nests, with 99.5 percent of the hatchlings reaching the ocean safely.
Three tons of waste was kept away from local landfills, thanks to the resort's waste management programme that involved the compost of organic food waste, recycling, and effective labelling.
The resort hosted art and craft markets that showcased the handmade gifts made by the local community and were available to purchase by guests.
Royalton Riviera Cancun is a five-star all-inclusive resort that is situated 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport (CUN). The property has 1,183 luxurious guest rooms and suites that boast exclusive DreamBeds with 250 thread count sheets, a balcony or terrace, and 24-hour concierge service, as well as modern amenities such as USB recharge and Bluetooth audio stations, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safes, rain showers, satellite TVs, mini-bars, and 24 hour room service.
Upscale facilities include 10 gourmet restaurants and 16 bars; the "Hangout Teens Club" for 13 to 17-year-olds, with lounges that offer games, PlayStation rooms, Wi-Fi areas with charging stations, billiards, and ping pong tables; and the Diamond Club with private butler service, an exclusive beach area with dedicated bar and waiter service, and private Diamond Club® Lounge access.
Royalton Luxury Resorts operates an array of luxury properties in across Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Junior Suite Pool View
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Whether you're looking for a fun holiday with your family, a romantic getaway with your partner or a lively trip with...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. At Allegro Playacar...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....