Costa Rica's RipJack Inn hotel improves accessibility
The Hotel Ripack Inn in Playa Grande, Costa Rica has recently installed a wheelchair lift making it fully compliant with the local rules and regulations for accessibility. The RipJack Inn is the ideal place for surfing enthusiasts as well as yoga lovers, but of course holidaymakers who are just after a bit of sun, sea and sand won't be left disappointed either.
The Hotel RipJack Inn in Costa Rica's Playa Grande recently announced that it has installed a wheelchair lift making it now fully compliant with the local rules and regulations on supporting disabled guests.
The lift installation, completed in March 2015, was installed to the second floor restaurant and has been recorded as the first wheelchair lift in Playa Grande.
Prior to the lift installation, the hotel had two wheelchair accessible rooms. In press release the hotel PR team explained:
"We are proud to be a fully compliant with Costa Rica's new rules and regulations regarding access for people with disabilities, we are unique in servicing our customers and are happy to be able to accommodate people of all abilities who choose to stay with us."
The hotel, named after the owners Dave and Annie Corredor's two dogs, has been in operation for over 10 years and is said to be the ideal resting place for holidaymakers who enjoy great food and yoga.
The Hotel RipJack Inn is also the ideal base for surfing enthusiasts on their holidays in Costa Rica located just a stone's throw away from Playa Grande's main surf break. Playa Grande is well known for its surfing experience and attracts surfers of varied skill levels from around the world.
The Hotel RipJack Inn has consistently earned positive reviews and has been awarded a coveted TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. One guest stated in his TripAdvisor review:
"Awesome every time! Dave and Annie and entire RipJack crew are a special group… The sunsets on the beach out front of the hotel are honestly the best I've ever seen… and the surfing is top notch."
Another guest summed up RipJack as:
"… a nice hotel in surfer's paradise with a great ambience and yet high quality."
Despite Costa Rica's reputation as the ideal holiday destination for surfers, hikers and general thrill seekers; holidaymakers requiring wheelchair access should not be put off. Several key attractions in Costa Rica have become more accessible in recent years thanks in a large part to Costa Rica's Equal Opportunities Law for Persons with Disabilities.
In 2013, Costa Rica hit a major milestone with the launch of Central America's very first universal access trail through the rainforest of the Carara National Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot to learn about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- See the natural wonders of Costa Rica
- Sky Walk Arenal’s Hanging Bridges
- Includes Sarapiqui River Rafting class
This holiday offers a fantastic base to explore Costa Rica, or relax in splendid surroundings
- Enjoy long summer days on a secluded beach or discover the rich natural ecology of the area
- Those looking for an active holiday can try horse riding, kayaking, windsurfing, hiking and mountain biking
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...