All-inclusive Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort opens in Cuba
The Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort has opened in one of the most picturesque destinations in Cuba. Located on Santa Maria key on 26 hectares of lush land, the 800-room resort has a selection of facilities including a 2,300-square-foot swimming pool, eight restaurants, six bars, and a large stretch of white sandy beach.
The Warwick Cayo Santa Maria Resort has opened its doors to holidaymakers in Santa Maria key in Cuba.
Situated 45 minutes from Santa Clara International Airport (SNU), the all inclusive resort sits on 26 hectares of lush land that boasts one kilometre of beachfront and tropical gardens with views overlooking the sparkling Atlantic Ocean.
The luxury beachfront resort has 800 guest rooms and suites, and an array of upscale facilities such as eight gourmet restaurants, six bars and lounges, a 2,300 square-metre swimming pool, tennis courts, a basketball playground, and a kids club.
Jean-Marie Pebrel, the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for Warwick International Hotels (WIH), explained:
"We are proud that Grupo Gaviota, leader in the tourism sector in Cuba, put its trust in Warwick International Hotels to operate this new resort located in one of the most idyllic area in Cuba, the Cayo Santa Maria."
The brand new hotel in Cuba took two years to complete and cost 112 million Cuba pesos (99 million Euros) and was financed by Grupo Gaviota.
Warwick International Hotels now operates 57 luxury resorts across four continents, including the Fiji Islands, the Caribbean, and it has a second property in Cuba, the Naviti Beach Club in Varadero.
The tourist resort of Cayo Santa Maria is located in the northeast of the central Cuban province Villa Clara and is home to 11 kilometres of pristine beaches. The area is accessible via the 48 km causeway which connects it to the area of Caibarien, in Villa Clara.
Cuba is a country located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas. Tourists can relax on the island's many beautiful white and golden sand beaches; snorkel and scuba dive along the world's second largest barrier reef among tropical marine species; or take tours of cities, such as Havana, to embrace the vibrant culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Discover history and culture in Havana
- 15 restaurants and bars in Varadero
- Enjoy cabartes and live music
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...