Now Onyx Punta Cana Resort breaks ground in Dominican Republic
The Now Onyx all-inclusive resort has officially broken ground in the Dominican Republic. The 500-room luxury resort is being developed in the popular eastern Punta Cana region by the Spanish group Martinon and it will be managed by AMResorts, who are planning to open the new hotel in November 2016.
The newest Now Onyx resort has officially broken ground in a popular Caribbean coastal resort.
The all-inclusive resort is situated in the popular eastern region of Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and is being developed by the Spanish group Martinon.
The luxury beachfront resort is due to open in November 2016 and it will have 500 guest rooms and suites, and will be managed by AMResorts.
The project is estimated to cost $85 million and it will create 700 new jobs for locals and internationals.
The luxury resort will offer the Unlimited-Luxury® experience for guests and an array of facilities including gourmet restaurants, serving international cuisine, swimming pools, the Explorer's Club for Kids and the Core Zone Teens Club, the Now Spa by Pevonia®, and nightly entertainment.
Punta Cana is situated on the east coast of the Dominican Republic and the region is renowned for its world-class golf resorts and designer championship golf courses. The surrounding turquoise ocean provides plenty of opportunities for scuba diving, snorkelling, swimming, windsurfing, sailing, and deep-sea fishing adventures, while the Bavaro area is home to the award-winning Bavaro Beach and an array of luxury hotels, casinos, boutique shops, gourmet restaurants, and chic bars.
The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola that is shared with Haiti. The country boasts magnificent natural landscapes such as majestic mountains, vast lakes, winding rivers, crystal clear cobalt ocean waters, and pristine white sand beaches.
AMResorts operates three branded Now resorts in the Caribbean, including one existing property in Punta Cana: Now Larimar Punta Cana.
AMResorts was established in 2001 and the hotel company now operates 37 properties across Mexico, Jamaica, Curaçao, the Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica. The company's brands include Zoetry Wellness and Spa Resorts, Secrets Resorts and Spas, Now Resorts and Spas, Sunscape Resorts and Spas, and Dreams Resorts and Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...