Tierras Enamoradas resort in Costa Rica earns a very positive New York Times review
A recent New York Times article reviewing the Tierras Enamoradas resort in Costa Rica praised the resort for its eco friendly aesthetic. While the resort was hailed as a green refuge it was noted that adventure seekers would not be disappointed with an adrenaline fuelled zip line tour through the cloud forest among the many activities on offer.
The New York Times has hailed the Tierras Enamoradas as a "green refuge that is magical and relaxing". The US based newspaper recently wrote a detailed review of the hotel located approximately a one hour and half drive from Costa Rica's San Jose International Airport (SJO) and a 55 minute drive from Arenal volcano.
Key features of the hotel noted in the article included the friendly and helpful staff and the mouth watering cuisine- with an eclectic mix of dishes on offer, ranging from traditional Costa Rican to Italian, Mexican and Israeli. Of course the location proved to be the biggest wow factor with the resort, nestled in the middle of a cloud forest, surrounded by the lush Costa Rican landscape. The New York Times certainly seemed to agree that is the ideal spot from which travellers can enjoy their eco friendly holidays in Costa Rica.
The resort is the brainchild of a group of 19 friends all originally from Israel who fell in love with Costa Rica after visiting the country. Today Tierras Enamoradas, translated "lands in love", represents the culmination of three months of hard work.
Lands in love offers its guests activities such as horseback riding and zip lining as well as arranged tours to top tourist attractions including volcanoes, national parks and local beaches. Guests are welcomed to bring their pets and dog lovers can even take some of the dogs from the adjacent pet hotel/ animal rescue center for a walk.
The cost of a one nights stay at Tierras Enamoradas during peak season ranges from $99 to $117 and for those travellers who would like to book accommodation for their furry friends, a night's stay in the pet hotel costs $20 per night.
Costa Rica is considered by many to be the top holiday destination in Central America, though other destinations like Panama and Nicaragua have recently been strong contenders for that title. A recent report from the World Economic Forum (WEF) ranked Costa Rica in 42nd place on its 2015 Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report.
The report ranking is based on 90 indicators across 14 different areas with Costa Rica scoring best in the following: tourism infrastructure development, visitors' safety and security and government prioritization of travel and tourism. In Latin America, Brazil, Mexico and Panama were the only destinations to achieve a higher ranking.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Explore the city in historica Havana before a woderful All Inclusive beach stay in Costa Rica
- This twin centre offers the perfect twin centre of history in Havana with nature and great beaches in Costa Rica
- NH Capri has an amazing pool on the roof offers breath-taking views over the capital and glistening sea
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...