JA Resorts and Hotels to open high end resort in Sri Lanka in 2017
JA Resorts and Hotels has announced that it will expand into Sri Lanka with the opening of a luxury resort in 2017. The hotel will be Sri Lanka's first high end resort of its kind and the property will have 108 gust rooms and suites that average at $500 per night. The hotel group is also looking into acquiring properties in Thailand.
JA Resorts and Hotels will be expanding its portfolio into Sri Lanka after it announced plans to open a new high end resort in 2017.
The JA Eclipse Beach Resort Sri Lanka will be located property at Kathiraveli in eastern Sri Lanka and it will be in partnership with the Gravity Resort Group (GRG).
David Thomson, the Chief Operating Officer of JA Resorts and Hotels, explained:
"The Sri Lanka property will come on stream in the country's East Coast in November 2017."
GRG's director, Deepal Ahangama, said that the luxury resort will bring significant social and economic benefits to the local community. Mr Ahangama commented:
"We will be community driven and plan to construct a school for the community in addition to our doctor on site providing free medical services to the people."
JA Resorts and Hotels will be responsible for consultation, and the management of the upscale resort, and GRG will invest US$ 30 million into the project.
Thomson added that this will be the first high end resort in Sri Lanka and room rates will average at $500 per night.
JA Resorts and Hotels, the oldest home-grown hotel brand in the United Arab Emirates, is in talks to open new hotels in Thailand and it already owns and manages an upmarket resort in the Maldives and luxury hotels in the Seychelles.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean famous for its beautiful natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which that ancient cities and colonial forts.
The country has become a trendy holiday destination since the end of the civil war in 2009 and the government and tourism officials are developing the areas that were affected by the war into leading tourism zones.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Indulge your senses in this idyllic Sri Lankan tropical getaway
- Enjoy numerous kids' activities and entertainment, giving parents a carefree experience
- Take advantage of the comprehensive leisure facilities available
- A sensuous range of treatments and therapies on offer at the Aayu Spa
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
- All rooms feature a balcony or terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including volleyball, tennis, squash & more
Turyaa Kulutara is located in the idyllic island of Sri Lanka. Beautifully secluded and surrounded by lush vegetation,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
You can enjoy the perfect beach holiday at the all-inclusive Club Dolphin hotel, whether looking for peace and quiet or...