Dates announced for this year's Cubadisco International Fair
The 18th edition of Cubadisco International Fair, an event that celebrates and awards quality Cuban music, is due to take place from 15th to 24th May 2015. Attended by a long list of nominated Cuban musicians, some of which will perform while others will walk out with prizes and recognitions; this fair showcases the best of Cuban talent in the musical arts.
The dates for Cubadisco 2015, the event that best celebrates Cuban music every year, have been announced for 15 – 24th May.
Considered the Cuban Grammys, this most prestigious of annual event gathers the country’s best musical talent, stemming from all generations, paying homage to music veterans as well as promoting the country’s upcoming musical talents. Instrument players, orchestras, bands and solo artists from all corners of the island come here to put on a magnificent show that celebrates the many genres of Cuban music; from salsa and timba to son, contemporary fusion, trova and rumba, jazz, rock and rap & hip-hop without forgetting classical music.
Last year’s 18th edition was dedicated to percussion, from large conga drums to the iconic Cuban guiro; ll vital instruments in the composition of many Cuban and universal musical styles. The invited guest of honour was Trinidad and Tobago, with their contribution to music explored through their use of traditional steel bands, soul music and carnival music, famous the world over. Like in Cuba, the strong African influences help shape their musical heritage.
This year there will be many surprises and the event will be open to the public. If going on Cuba holidays during the music festival, tourists can book tickets to some of the many events taking place during the week-long celebrations. There will be special tourist packages provided by Paradiso, a company that specialises in Cultural Tourism and these included hotel stays in a choice of various Havana hotels, ranging in all categories from 3-star to 5-star luxury hotels. The package includes accommodation, airport transfers, full access to all events during the Cubadisco International Fair, or 19th Feria Internacional Cubadisco and personalised assistance in English.
The different activities, concerts and part will take place across different locations in Havana, from the Teatro Nacional de Cuba, Teatro Mella and Teatro Karl Marx, Casa de La Amistad, Palacio de la Rumba, among many others.
Lovers of Cuban music will have an ample choice of varied music genres to enjoy and concerts to attend throughout a jam-packed week of authentic rhythm and flair.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...