Gili Lankanfushi Maldives named as Top Hotel in the World by TripAdvisor
The Gili Lankanfushi hotel in the Maldives has been named in first place in TripAdvisor's list of Top 25 Hotels in the World. The luxury resort received the honour in the Travelers' Choice awards, which compiles reviews and rating lefts by travellers from all over the world who have stayed in the hotels and resorts.
TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice awards have revealed the Gili Lankanfushi hotel as the best hotel in the world.
The luxury resort in the Maldives was ranked in first place in the travel site's Top 25 Hotels in the World, which were rated by travellers and guests who reviewed the hotels.
The Nayara Hotel, Spa and Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos in Costa Rica was ranked in second place, and the Shinta Mani Club, Siem Reap in Cambodia secured the third position.
The annual TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards are based on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor members and travellers from all over the world.
The boutique Gili Lankanfushi resort is located on Lankanfushi Island in the North Male Atoll. The property has 45 over-water villas made from natural and sustainable materials. Tourists who are seeking private high end holidays can stay in one of the seven Crusoe Residences or the Private Reserve which is only accessible by personal boat.
Jetties stretch across the clear water to spacious luxury stilted villas that boast private rooftop and overwater sundecks, daybeds, open-air private bathrooms, and modern amenities including espresso machines, mini bars, air conditioning, personal safes, satellite TV, and CD, DVD, and hi-fi stereo systems. The interior of the luxury villas have been created using sustainable woods, and natural materials and fabrics.
The five-star beachfront hotel's facilities include the Meera Spa with glass floor panels, six overwater treatment rooms, steam and sauna rooms, a yoga and Tai Chi champa, and a relaxation area with stunning views of the sparking Indian Ocean.
Guests can choose from an array of dining options to savour gourmet cuisine and fine wines including the Main Restaurant, the Overwater Grill, By the Sea dining outlet, or the Wine Cellar and Underwater Chocolate Cave.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Holidaymakers can enjoy a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and cobalt ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- All meals, snacks and beverages included
- Rooms overlooking the ocean
- Relax on the secluded beach
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
The Sun Island is located on the Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives, which is one of the most sublime coastal...