Internet searches for Cuba hotels made by Americans increase massively
Americans' internet searches for hotels in Cuba carried have increased by 180 per cent since President Obama announced in December that the on-going travel restrictions will be eased in the very near future. According to Trivago.co.uk, searches to Cuba made my UK users also increased by 42 per cent over the recent weeks.
The number of Americans searching for hotels in Cuba has risen by 180 per cent, following President Obama’s recent announcement.
The U.S president announced in December that restrictions on travel to Cuba would be eased for American residents in the near future, resulting in a surge in people looking for accommodation in the Caribbean country.
According to hotel search website Trivago.co.uk, U.S searches for the capital Havana increased by 206 per cent and the beach resort of Varadero increased by 166 per cent.
Searches made by UK users planning visits to Cuba have also increased by 42 per cent over recent weeks, Italy by 30 per cent, France by 26 per cent, and Spain by 12 percent.
Denise Bartlett, Trivago UK Public Relations, explained:
“Although it is unlikely the US travel restrictions will be lifted within the next three months, a preliminary increase in hotel searches made by US users indicates the likelihood of strong travel interest in the future.”
“The presence of Cuba in the media also prompted an increase in searches from other countries, in particular the UK, Italy, France and Spain. There has been some speculation in the media that now could be the prime time to visit Cuba – perhaps visitors from these countries are keen to visit before the country undergoes what could be a dramatic change.”
The new regulations will allow American residents to travel to Cuba for many reasons, such as visiting family, education and religion, without the need of a special license from the U.S. government, but general tourism will remain banned.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, Cuba is an island nation that is famous for its stunning natural landscapes and historic towns and cities. The island boasts miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...