Sandals teams up with award-winning vineyard
All-inclusive hotel brand Sandals has partnered with an award-winning Napa Valley vineyard to expand its house wine list and design a programme of free wine events including tastings, pairings and wine and cheese evenings. From March next year the new fine wines will be available at all signature restaurants across the company's 14 Caribbean resorts.
Luxury all-inclusive resort chain, Sandals, has plans to expand its complimentary wine list and offer guests free wine tastings from March 2015. A new collaboration with Robert Mondavi Wines will see wines from the award-winning Napa Valley vineyard available at all of the brand’s Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts restaurants plus a programme of in-resort wine events.
Sandals Resorts and Beaches will offer guests the opportunity to expand their knowledge of wine through wine pairing courses, weekly wine and cheese receptions and wine tastings. Resort employees are being expertly trained in everything from glassware selection to wine list advice to complement the experience.
“Like Sandals, Mr. Robert Mondavi always believed wine, food and good company enrich the soul and contribute to a gracious lifestyle,” said Robert Mondavi Winery’s senior wine educator Dana Andrus.
"This partnership is all about the belief that we can enhance the consumer experience by matching wonderful food served in spectacular locations with the enjoyment of great wines."
The new fine wine offering includes a selection of six complimentary house wines, increased from four varietals – Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. According to Sandals, the wines were selected for their ability to pair with key dishes from the resorts’ restaurants. Wines from California, Washington, Australia, Italy and New Zealand will also be available on the newly-enhanced Manager’s Wine List at all signature Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts restaurants.
Sandals Resorts International chair Gordon Stewart explained the motivation behind the new partnership,
"Our guests, like most consumers, are enjoying more wine at home and becoming more knowledgeable on the subject, and we want to ensure that when they visit one of our resorts, their wine experience – from selection to service – exceeds expectations. To be the best, we have to partner with one of the world’s best and Robert Mondavi Wines fits the bill."
Sandals also recently announced the expansion of its Discovery Dining experience to include the Steakhouse, Indian, Southern and Tapas concepts. Guests can now experience authentic global cuisine at 21 different restaurant concepts, which include Classic French, Italian, Caribbean, Japanese and English pub fare. Gourmet dining is accompanied by matching premium drinks, from authentic beers including Singha from Thailand and Britain’s Newcastle Brown to new signature cocktails featuring local Caribbean ingredients and house-infused liquors, such as Scotch Bonnet pepper-infused tequila and grilled pineapple and ginger rum.
There are 14 Sandals Resorts across the Caribbean in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia, The Bahamas, Barbados and Grenada. The resorts all have beachfront settings and the company has won awards for the high standard of its all-inclusive offering.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Free upgrade to Taum Studio Pool View room
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...