World Travel Awards Caribbean ceremony postponed until April 2015
The World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony has been postponed until next year following the impact of the recent Hurricane Gonzalo. The event was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla but it will now take place in April, 2015 at the same hotel.
The World Travel Awards has had to postpone its Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony, following disruption to plans after the recent Hurricane Gonzalo.
The annual ceremony is one of the most prestigious events in the Caribbean and it was due to take place on 24th October, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla. However, the impact of the hurricane disrupted plans for the event so organisers decided to postpone it until April, 2015.
“It is with great sadness that we have been forced to postpone one of the most popular events on our annual Grand Tour,” stated Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards.
"Despite being one of the most highly anticipated events in the regional tourism calendar, the damage caused by the recent Hurricane Gonzalo has made hosting the event impossible at this time.”
“We, however, will persevere. Arrangements are currently being put in place to ensure World Travel Awards can successfully visit the island in 2015.
“We will release details as soon as they become available."
Hurricane Gonzalo hit the island of Anguilla directly and damaged the country’s tourism, plants, vegetation, and electrical grid.
The ceremony is expected to take place at the same Caribbean resort and while there might not be a ceremony for a few more months, the regional winners are expected to be revealed on 24th October, 2014.
The Caribbean ceremony will recognise the best accommodation such as luxury beachfront resorts, plus leading spa resorts, popular tourist attractions, successful travel and tour companies, and many more of the region’s top travel and hospitality companies.
The Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony was the last leg of the World Travel Awards Grand Tour 2014. The Grand Final will take place on 29th November, 2014 in Marrakech, Morocco.
CuisinArt is a luxury beachfront hotel located on Rendezvous Bay in Anguilla, offering upscale suites and villas, and facilities including the Venus Spa and the 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Design Championship Course.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions on offer
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...