Backyard Travel introduces Insider's Tour of Ho Chi Minh City
Backyard Travel has announced the introduction of a new insider's tour that explores the depths of Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The four-day tour takes travellers on visits to the city's local markets, restaurants, museums, exhibitions, the 'Artists' Village' and includes cooking classes and a bicycle ride around 'Thanh Da Island'.
Backyard Travel has released details of a brand new tour that gives travellers an insider’s guide to Ho Chi Minh City.
The four-day tour provides a unique insight into the vibrant city in Vietnam and tourists will have the chance to visit local markets, museums, exhibitions, and parks, as well as dine in local restaurants and savour Vietnamese cuisine.
The first day of the trip takes travellers on a tour with a local writer who will take them to parts of the city that are off the tourist track where they can discover its history and heritage. Later that evening, participants will take to the streets of Ho Chi Minh City on vintage Vespa scooters, followed by a night of dinner and dancing with the locals.
Throughout the tour, holidaymakers can enjoy a guided tour through an "artists' village" where local artists use the houses as art studios; a bicycle ride around "Thanh Da Island", which is provides a tranquil oasis in the heart of the city; trips to the green spaces of Saigon such as Tao Dan Park where they can watch locals practising Tai Chi; and culinary classes where they will learn techniques to prepare a range of traditional Vietnamese dishes.
“This new tour gives a real insider's perspective on Saigon and is perfect for anyone looking to see a different side of the city.”
Explained Maeve Nolan, the General Manager of Backyard Travel. Mr Nolan also commented:
"Across the four days travellers will not only have the chance to learn about the fascinating history and culture in the city, but also experience some popular local spots, that won't be mentioned in every guidebook.
The four-day, three-night tour costs $859 USD per person, based on two people travelling and sharing a double or twin room. The package includes daily breakfast and dinner, and one lunch; tours and transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles; entrance fees to attractions; and all guided excursions.
Backyard Travel is an online company that specialises in travel to Asia and tailor-made tours. The company’s itinerary covers travel to numerous countries in South East Asia including Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam., Indonesia, Japan and China.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Saigon (ho Chi Minh City) Browse all
Wander through the hectic streets of Ho Chi Minh City before basking in the sunshine on the beachfront in Danang
- Stylish and modern accommodation in both destinations
- Dine on dishes from across Vietnam in Saigon
- Complimentary shuttle to Danang and Hoi An from Non Nuoc Beach
Experience all the natural beauty and cultural variety of Vietnam on a deluxe tour
- Five-star hotels throughout
- Overnight Halong Bay cruise on a traditionally designed junk boat with meals included
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches of central Vietnam
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...
A short walk from the impressive Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral and Saigon opera House, the stylish Muong Thanh Saigon...