Construction begins at Golfito Marina Village and Resort in Costa Rica
Construction of the Golfito Marina Village and Resort in Costa Rica has officially started. The first phase of the new world-class eco-tourism and yachting destination is the deep-water marina which is expected to be completed in 2015. Residential and resort development will commence shortly after the start of the construction of the marina and it will feature villas with spacious two to six bedroom guest rooms with views overlooking Golfito Bay.
Construction has officially started of the Golfito Marina Village and Resort, a new world-class yachting and eco-tourism destination in Costa Rica.
The resort is being developed at a unique location in Costa Rica that was once inaccessible to travellers and it has been called "the most biologically intense place on Earth" by National Geographic Magazine.
The first phase of the deep-water marina at the eco-resort is expected to be completed in 2015 and will include 50 yacht slips out of 132 in total, each of which will have private and secure berths designated for yachts up to 350 feet long.
Developers of the project are working closely with local authorities in Costa Rica and the community, to ensure that is an eco-friendly resort.
Noam Schwartz, the Principal of Hacienda El Dorado, the development team behind Golfito Marina Village and Resort, proudly explained:
"We are delivering a world-class luxury resort destination to one of the most beautiful places on earth.
"Golfito and the surrounding areas are environmentally sacred places, which we will embrace through our design.
"This truly will be a luxury vacation destination unlike any other."
The marina will feature a yacht club, a full service boat yard, on-site customs and immigration, restaurants, and accommodation for yacht captains and crew.
Golfito Bay is also the only approved drop-off and pick-up zone on the west coast of Central and South America for yacht transport ships.
Soon after the start of construction of the marina, the resort's residential and amenity development will commence. The luxury resort will have an array of spacious two to six-bedroom villas offering stunning views of Golfito Bay and they will embrace the natural surroundings.
Facilities at the complex will include a lavish open air spa, a fitness centre, swimming pools, and an island restaurant with a night club.
Adventurous holidaymakers will also be able to enjoy fun activities at the luxury eco-friendly resort such as zip-lining through lush tropical rainforests, horse riding, rafting, rainforest tours and hikes, sport fishing and surfing trips.
Costa Rica is a country in Central America is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery made up of lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt white and golden sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot to learn about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- See the natural wonders of Costa Rica
- Sky Walk Arenal’s Hanging Bridges
- Includes Sarapiqui River Rafting class
This holiday offers a fantastic base to explore Costa Rica, or relax in splendid surroundings
- Enjoy long summer days on a secluded beach or discover the rich natural ecology of the area
- Those looking for an active holiday can try horse riding, kayaking, windsurfing, hiking and mountain biking
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...