Group IST launches new people-to-people programme to Cuba on megayacht
Holidaymakers will now be able to enjoy a new tour of Cuba through people-to-people programmes from the United States with an eight-day island tour by yacht, launched by Group IST. Travellers will explore the western part of the Caribbean island and participate in trips to museums, art galleries, nature reserves and religious centres.
Group IST has introduced a new way for American travellers to enjoy trips to Cuba with the launch of an eight day island tour by yacht.
The company is offering "people-to-people" programmes to Cuba onboard the megayacht S/C Panorama where it will visit western parts of the island including Havana, Cayo Largo, Trinidad and Cienfuegos.
People-to-people travel to Cuba by sea is not usually permitted by U.S regulations, but once they have arrived in Cuba, American tourists can travel between destinations by boat whilst engaging in approved activities.
The eight-day tour includes trips to museums, art galleries, nature reserves, a sea turtle breeding centre, local schools, and community and religious centres and they will be joined by Cuban specialists and an interpreter.
The mega yacht can accommodate up to 46 passengers, but the maximum number of participants on a Group IST tour is 25.
The Havana-Cienfuegos tour starts from $4,490 to $5,799, and the package includes seven nights on the yacht and all meals and excursions. The itinerary runs from 29th November, 2014 to 18th April, 2015, departing on Saturdays.
In 2011, U.S President, Barrack Obama, eased restriction on Cuba travel for American residents and now U.S travellers can visit the Caribbean island through licensed tour operators for cultural, educational, academic and religious purposes.
The Cuba people people-to-people programme has been designed to help Americans and Cubans exchange ideas, share cultural experiences and learn from one another.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the beautiful island is home to breathtaking natural landscapes such as miles of white sand beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 verdant national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins and sites.
The capital, Havana, is a hotspot for tourists with its cobbled streets, old decaying buildings, the bustling Malecon promenade, historic Old Town, and vibrant bars and restaurants, while coastal resorts such as Varadero boast miles of white sandy beaches and turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...