CTO and The Holiday Place raced for life
Showing cancer their toughest, meanest face, the girls from The Holiday Place in conjunction with the Caribbean Tourism Organisation yesterday completed the 5k Race for Life in London's Hyde Park, not only meeting their fundraising goal but also exceeding it by a long mark.
Yesterday, the proud ladies from The Holiday Place and the Caribbean Tourism Organisation ran, jogged or walked the 5k course along London's Hyde Park in order to raise money for Cancer Research UK. They not only achieved and surpassed their goal in raising funds for this important, life-saving charity; they also enjoyed every step of the way knowing it was for a worthy cause.
Honouring the untimely death of the late Veronica St Louis, who the CTO lost to cancer very recently, and supporting the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, as well as each of the girls' personal family members or friends who suffered this incurable disease, the race kicked off at 11:00 a.m. after a warm-up session and encouraging words from a famous TV presenter, numerous volunteers clapping and cheering them on along the way, including some marines (and a horse accompanying them).
Some of the team's fittest (Dee and Nikita) went ahead with the first group of runners, while the rest of the girls (Charlotte, Vishali, Susana, Nikki, Gosia and Alexandra) went behind in the group of walkers. All in all, they managed to complete the five-kilometre-long course along Hyde Park in less than an hour so an enormous feat for all!
But the best bit of all is that they all managed to not only reach their target of raising £400 for Cancer Research UK, they actually exceeded it by 171 per cent, achieving a total of £685, well over the initial mark. So, well done girls, you've done us proud!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...