Costa Rica's Punta Islita hotel joins Mariott's Autograph Collection
The Punta Islita Costa Rica Resort is now the latest member of Marriott's Autograph Collection. The decision to join the Marriott programme was driven by a desire to attract more guests and benefit from Marriott's resources while at the same time retaining the resort's independence and stay true to its vision.
Costa Rica's Hotel Punta Islita, in Guanacaste has become a member of Marriott's Autograph Collection- an affiliate programme between Marriott and a group of approximately 60 hotel properties from around the world.
The move to partner with Marriott is in an effort to give Hotel Punta Islita greater visbility among travellers interested booking a stay at a luxury beach resort while on their Costa Rica holidays while maintaining Punta Islita's independence.
Grupo Islita CEO Gustavo Segura, commented:
"Autograph provides us with a great opportunity to get better access to the marketplace while maintaining our mission. We continue to have control of our operations while tapping into Marriott's sales and marketing resources."
One of the key resources has proven to be Marriott's reservations system with 750 reservations coming via the Marriott system in the first month of Punta Islita's Autograph membership alone.
It is not only the hotel that benefits from the Autograph membership with Marriott Rewards members now able to earn and spend points for their stays at Punta Islita.
Furthermore, the hotel's strong sense of social responsibility means that there is also a positive ripple effect for local community. CEO Segura pointed out that his firm works towards "complete integration with the community" noting that at the Hotel Punta Islita they offer guests "a destination where its difficult to tell where the resort ends and the community begins". The resort's staff is made up almost entirely of locals added to that fact that community craftsmen, fishermen, farmers and a restaurant all benefit from the increased interest in the Punta Islita hotel.
Guests at Punta Islita can choose from its standard and deluxe rooms or, for those who are interested in something a bit more indulgent, there is always the option of booking a stay in a junior suite or even a private villa. Situated two and half hour drive away from Liberia Airport or four hours from San Jose, guests can opt for a short 40 minute flight to the resort's private airstrip.
Once there guests can take advantage of the on site amenities which include a spa, golf courts, tennis courts, an infinity pool, restaurants and bars. With the Samara beach a stone's throw away guests can also enjoy horseback riding along the beach, kayaking, surfing and even have a unique turtle watching experience.
The Punta Islita offers everything needed for an unforgettable Costa Rica escape and with Marriott now in their corner more holidaymakers will come to know the Punta Islita name.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot to learn about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
This holiday offers a fantastic base to explore Costa Rica, or relax in splendid surroundings
- Enjoy long summer days on a secluded beach or discover the rich natural ecology of the area
- Those looking for an active holiday can try horse riding, kayaking, windsurfing, hiking and mountain biking
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...