Barbados Tourism Authority brings Caribbean sunshine to the UK
The Barbados Tourism Authority is bringing a little bit of the Caribbean to the UK this month as the Barbados Summertastic coach heads to towns and cities across the country in association with Capital FM. The converted mobile radio and TV studio will visit cities such as London, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff and Sheffield to promote the island of Barbados.
The UK summer is famous for its unreliable appearance so the Barbados Tourism Authority is bringing a little bit of Caribbean sunshine to us this month.
The Barbados Summertastic coach will be heading to cities across the UK spreading its Barbados love to the public who will be able to go on board the converted mobile radio and TV studio which was once a former F1 racing hospitality coach.
The tour has been organised in association with Capital FM and it kicked off in London's Canary Wharf last week. The coach will visit Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff and Sheffield and will finish off in Glasgow on 26th July during the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
During the tour members of the public are invited to jump onboard the coach and learn more about Barbados and Capital FM presenters will encourage visitors to film a piece to the camera telling everyone why they would love to go to the Caribbean island. The winning entry will win a holiday to Barbados with four friends.
Barbados is an island nation situated in the North Atlantic Ocean that is home to a wide range of diverse breathtaking landscapes. Holidaymakers can go scuba diving or snorkelling in crystal clear warm ocean waters where they can explore the colourful coral reefs and swim alongside hundreds of colourful marine creatures, or relax on pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches and soak up the endless sunshine.
There are plenty of activities to enjoy such as hiking through verdant nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; shopping in high end boutiques and wandering around traditional craft markets; and taking tours around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
The country hosts several annual music festivals and sporting events and is the birthplace of global pop star, Rihanna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Sample an assortment of fun activities for a relaxing holiday to remember at Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels
- Incredible Savings of up to 50% off all rooms
- Enjoy a complimentary Chef's Dinner and a Daily Hour of complimentary drinks at the Sunset Cocktail hour included in your stay
- Boutique art-focused hotel with thirty-five spacious suites
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavours at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Save up to 30% off in all room categories
- Plus save an additional £300 per booking with The Club Barbados Flash Sale
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on the West Coast of Barbados
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
Sugar Bay Barbados is perfect for discovering Bajan Paradise in an All Inclusive Resort
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- September Sale now on with savings of upto 40% PLUS $20 Spa Credit per person
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Beachfront Property a short walk from the popular St Lawrence Gap
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...