Cubanacan expands its scuba diving programme in Cuba
Cubanacan Travel Agency has expanded its scuba diving programmes in Cuba, allowing visitors to explore more underwater sites around the island. The nine to ten-day itineraries will over the west and east shores of Cuba visiting Cayo Levisa, Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp, Santa Lucia and Marea del Portillo.
Cubanacan Travel Agency has announced the expansion of its diving programmes throughout Cuba, giving divers the chance to explore more of the Caribbean island's underwater world.
The scuba diving programmes will cover the east and west sides of the island, visiting unique underwater sites during nine to ten-day tours.
The tours will allow visitors to enjoy scuba diving adventures where they can explore of Cayo Levisa, the Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp in the west, and the waters off the beaches in Covarrubias, Santa Lucia, and Marea del Portillo which boasts stunning coral reefs.
During the scuba diving tours, which have been designed for qualified adult divers, visitors will have the chance to dive along vertical walls, go wreck diving down to sunken ancient ships, and marvel at the beautiful sea life.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and home to the world's second largest coral reef.
One of the most popular scuba diving destinations in Cuba is Jardines de la Reina, "Gardens of Queen", coral reef which is 200 kilometres long from east to west and home to an abundance of beautiful marine species such as Moray eels, groupers, crabs, lobsters, rays, turtles, barracudas, huge sea bass, sharks, colourful sponges, Black Coral and many more.
The Jardines del Rey, "Gardens of the King", archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system. The turquoise waters offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish and barracuda.
Cuba is rich in wildlife both on land and in the sea, and it boasts stunning natural landscapes such as miles of white sand pristine beaches, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, an array of historic towns and cities, and numerous ancient ruins and sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...