JA Resorts And Hotels acquires Maldives resort in Northern Haa Alifu Atoll
JA Resorts and Hotels will be adding a hotel in the Indian Ocean to its portfolio after buying an all-inclusive resort in the Maldives. The property is located Northern Haa Alifu Atoll and the hotel group will be taking it over on 28th March, 2014 and officially rebrand it as JA Manafaru later this year.
The Dubai-based hotel group JA Resorts and Hotels has added a new Indian Ocean property to its collection after acquiring a hotel in the Maldives.
The hotel company will be taking over the resort in the Northern Haa Alifu Atoll in the Maldives on 28th March, 2014 and will officially rebrand the hotel as the JA Manafaru later this year.
Guests will arrive at the 84-room resort via 75-minute seaplane transfer from Male International Airport where they will be able to enjoy a range of upscale facilities and breathtaking natural scenery.
The all-inclusive beach resort will have spacious water villas and beach villas, as well as eight gourmet restaurants and bars, a lavish spa and beauty centre, an extensive children's entertainment centre, and a water sports and PADI dive centre.
David Thomson, the Chief Operating Officer of JA Resorts and Hotels, stated:
"The JA Manafaru is the first in a series of leisure properties the company planned on launching in the future. We are looking to grow our exciting portfolio of luxury properties in line with a world-wide strategic growth plan. We are now well-placed to explore a wider set of business opportunities and geographies."
He added that the luxury Maldives resort will complement its existing property in the Indian Ocean, the Enchanted Island Resort in the Seychelles.
According to a spokesperson from JA Resorts and Hotels, the all-inclusive rates will be announced at a later date and will include the seaplane transfer, non-motorised water sports activities and access to the children's entertainment and care area.
JA Resorts and Hotels is a hospitality group based in Dubai that was established in 1981 and owns and operates luxury properties in Dubai and now the Indian Ocean.
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The nation is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples and families who want to soak up the breathtaking landscapes and tropical climate.
Holidaymakers can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
The crystal clear ocean is home to an abundance of tropical marine creatures including turtles, stingrays, dolphins, whale sharks, zebra sharks, manta rays, angel fish, clown fish, butterfly fish and parrot fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
The Sun Island is located on the Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives, which is one of the most sublime coastal...