JW Marriott Marquis Dubai officially opened Tower 2
After the successful opening of Tower 1 in November 2012, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has officially opened Tower 2. The second tower in Dubai offers an additional 294 luxurious rooms that are currently available, and once it is fully operational by the end of the year, it will offer a total of 804 guest rooms and suites.
The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has announced the official opening of its second tower, two years after the resort's launch and opening of Tower 1.
Tower 2 has opened 294 of its 804 luxurious suites, the rest of which will be open later this year, and the structure of the building is identical to Tower 1 at the unique Dubai resort.
The property is owned by the Emirates Group and is the world's tallest hotel, standing at 355 metres, just 26 metres less than the Empire State Building in New York.
The second tower's contemporary guest rooms and suites have been designed to cater for luxury business travellers who will also have access to the hotel's new lounge.
There is also a two tier function space on the 72nd floor that offers a unique venue for meetings thanks to its stunning views of the Dubai skyline.
Bill Keffer, the hotel manager for the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, explained:
"The second tower opening has opened at an important time in Dubai's development; recent reports from Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing predict that by 2020, Dubai will receive around 20 million visitors per year. This is due to the country's growing prominence as a MICE destination on the world stage and the recent Expo 2020 win."
"In light of this we are confident our hotel is in a strong position to cater for the increased number of visitors, particularly because our conference and event facilities are equipped to host over 1,000 people to meet, dine and stay."
Once fully opened at the end of 2014, the five-star Dubai hotel will have a total of 1,608 hotel suites and rooms; nine gourmet restaurants serving international culinary delights; six elegant lounges and bars; the lavish Saray Spa; and 8,500square-metres of event and meeting space including two ballrooms and 22 boardrooms.
Located in the city's Business Bay district, guests will have easy access to the Dubai World Trade Centre, the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre and Dubai International Airport (DXB).
The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai will also be hosting the World Travel Awards Middle East Gala Ceremony 2014 on 4th May which celebrates the best travel organisations and companies across the Middle East and United Arab Emirates.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- Receive complimentary boat transfers to the iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
- Choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The new Sofitel The Palm Dubai epitomizes understated luxury combined with the utmost comfort. Located on Dubai's iconic...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm, and enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine. One of the most...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...