Cuba received more than 84,000 Mexicans tourists in 2013
Alicia Perez, the Tourism Counsellor at Cuba's embassy has announced that approximately 84,700 Mexican tourists visited Cuba in 2013, marking an 8.1 per cent increase. The tourism official said that the Caribbean island nation is expecting to receive 100,000 Mexican holidaymakers by the end of this year.
The Caribbean island of Cuba received over 84,000 visitors from Mexico in 2013 according to the Tourism Counsellor of Cuba's Embassy, Alicia Perez.
The arrivals mark an 8.1 per cent growth compared to previous years and the tourism official said that Cuba is expecting to record approximately 100,000 tourists from Mexico by the end of 2014.
Perez said that Cuba's Tourism Office will increase its promotion of the island as well as it increase air transportation between the two countries to make it easier for visitors to travel to the island's beach resorts and historic cities.
Additional flights to Cuba will be added by Cubana de Aviacion, Aeromexico and Interjet airlines for Holy Week and charter flights with Aeromexico from Monterrey and Mexico City will also be available.
Last year, more than two million holidaymakers visited Cuba with the majority originating from Canada and Europe.
The Caribbean island has plenty of beautiful landscapes and sites for international visitors to enjoy, such as miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Some of the most popular tourist destinations include Havana, the city's bustling capital; Varadero, the beach resort town; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling.
The city of Havana boasts an array of tourist hotspots including the Malecon, a promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum, Castillo de la Real Fuerza; the Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas.
Holidaymakers who are looking to escape to the coast for sunshine and relaxation can enjoy more than 20km of white sandy beaches in Varadero, as well as Cuba's only full golf course, impressive caves and the Hicacos Point Natural Park.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is home to crystal clear azure ocean waters and a spectacular barrier reef system. The turquoise waters offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish and barracuda.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...