British Airways to add two new weekly Barbados flights to winter schedule
British Airways has announced that it will be increasing the number of flights between London Gatwick and Barbados at the end of this year. The airline will add two weekly flights to its schedule that will run from 30th November, 2014 and 28th February, 2015, giving travellers a choice of 12 weekly flights to the Caribbean island during the high season.
British Airways has announced that it will be increasing the number of flights to Barbados at the end of this year.
The UK's leading airline will be adding two more weekly flights to its schedule departing from London Gatwick Airport (LGW), which will give passengers the choice of 12 weekly flights to Barbados during the winter months.
The two new flights will start on 30th November, 2014 and will run until 28th February, 2015, allowing more services during the Caribbean's high season.
Colm Lacy, the Commercial Director for British Airways Gatwick, commented:
"These extra flights mean families and holiday-makers will have even more choice where to enjoy the winter sunshine. This builds on the extra flights we introduced for our summer 2014 season, thanks to adding an extra Boeing 777 to our long-haul Gatwick fleet making our flying schedule to top leisure destinations even better."
The Barbados Tourism Minister, Richard Sealy, said in a statement that the new flights to Barbados would serve as a "welcome addition to increase inbound travel from the UK market."
The Caribbean island nation of Barbados is situated in the North Atlantic Ocean and is home to a wide range of diverse breathtaking landscapes. Holidaymakers can go scuba diving or snorkelling in crystal clear warm ocean waters where they can explore the colourful coral reefs and hundreds of marine creatures, or relax on pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches and soak up the sunshine.
There are plenty of activities to enjoy in Barbados, such as hiking through lush nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; shopping in high end boutiques and traditional craft markets; and taking tours around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
The country is the birthplace of pop star Rihanna and many famous faces have made the island their home, including Simon Cowell and Cliff Richards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- September Sale now on with discounts of up to 15% off all rooms and a Special offer in Superior Ocean Front Studios
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- September Sale with up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Sample an assortment of fun activities for a relaxing holiday to remember at Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels
- Incredible Savings of up to 50% off all rooms
- Enjoy a complimentary Chef's Dinner and a Daily Hour of complimentary drinks at the Sunset Cocktail hour included in your stay
- Boutique art-focused hotel with thirty-five spacious suites
Sugar Bay Barbados is perfect for discovering Bajan Paradise in an All Inclusive Resort
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- September Sale now on with savings of upto 40% PLUS $20 Spa Credit per person
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...