First edition of Havana World Music to take pace in February, 2014
The first edition of Havana World Music will be taking place in the Cuban capital on 7th and 8th February, 2014. The event will be taking place in Havana's Vedado district and will promote cultural diversity through music by gathering artists from all over Cuba and the rest of the world to celebrate two fantastic nights of music.
Musical artists from all over the world will be taking part in the first edition of "Havana World Music" in Cuba next month. The event will take place in the heart of Cuban capital city of Havana on 7th and 8th February and will promote cultural diversity through music.
The event will take place at the "Circulo Social Jose Antonio Echeverria" (former Vedado Tennis Club) close to "Torreon de la Chorrera", and in front of the Malecon. The two-night event will feature performances from local Cuban artists as well as musicians from all over the world. These include Los Van Van, X Alfonso, and Eme Alfonso from Cuba, Fuel Fandango from Spain, Thea from Noruega, and Auntie Flo from Great Britain.
According to the event's website:
"Havana World Music promotes the exchange between musicians, produces and promoters with the aim to strengthen the ties and develop projects between Cuban and international artists. We also work to develop the local cultural sector inviting to parallel activities."
The music festival is a non-profit event organised by the young Cuban soul/fusion artist Eme Alfonso. The aim of the Cuba event is "to promote cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue, culture as a factor for development, and music as a tool in the education of respect and peace culture".
Carlos Alfonso, front man of the internationally-known Cuban band, Sintesis, which was hugely popular in the ‘80s and'90s, is the artistic director of the new Havana music event and the project is supported by the Cuban Music Institute.
Tourists who are planning to visit Cuba for the Havana World Music event can stay at the nearby Melia Cohiba, a 5 star luxury hotel located in the Vedado district, or the neighbouring Havana Riviera Hotel that features charming preserved 1950's style and glamour and an outdoor swimming pool.
Festivals are regularly hosted in the vivacious Cuban capital city, visitors can go to the Havana International Ballet Festival, the Havana International Film Festival, the famous Habanos Cigar Festival, and the Havana Jazz Festival which features performances from Cuba's finest musicians, as well as appearances from international artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Discover history and culture in Havana
- 15 restaurants and bars in Varadero
- Enjoy cabartes and live music
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...