Tourism officials state that St Vincent and the Grenadines are "Still Open For Business"
Tourism officials have stated that St Vincent and the Grenadines are very much "open for business" following the recent storm over the festive period that saw the islands take a battering by wind and heavy rain. The islands are a popular destination for Caribbean holidays and officials are keen to assure tourists that it is safe to travel to the country.
The nation of St Vincent and the Grenadines is still "open for business" following the recent storm according to tourism officials.
During the Christmas period, the eastern Caribbean islands were hit by a serious storm that brought heavy rain and caused flooding and landslides with the main damage affecting St Vincent's North Leeward, North Windward, South Leeward, North Central Windward and North Windward sides.
The damage on the mainland island of St Vincent is expected to cost millions with roads, bridges and homes in need of repair, but Glen Beache, the CEO of the St Vincent and the Grenadines Tourism Authority, says the tourism industry has weathered the storm "with little or no disruption" and St Vincent and the Grenadines hotels "continue to welcome guests".
Fortunately, the Grenadines were largely unaffected by the storm and local crews are working "around the clock" to restore St Vincent's infrastructure, according to officials.
Made up of 32 islands located in the Caribbean Sea, the island nation is a hotspot for tropical getaways, romantic weddings and honeymoons thanks to its breathtaking natural scenery made up of white sandy beaches, turquoise ocean waters, and emerald-sloped rolling hills.
The main island St Vincent is home to the colonial capital Kingstown that has bustling cobblestone streets with markets, music, and a bustling atmosphere.
In the Grenadines, tourists can enjoy eco-adventures such as hiking to the top of volcanoes, taking a dip under cascading waterfalls, scuba diving or snorkelling in turquoise ocean waters that are home to spectacular colourful coral reefs, whale and dolphin watching, and hiking along picturesque coastal paths.
The nation is home to the beautiful islands of Mustique, Bequia, Mayreau, Palm Island, Young Island, Tobago Cays, Canouan, and Union Island, that is each home to stunning natural landscapes including white sand beaches, lush forests and azure lagoons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Vincent and the Grenadines Browse all
Plantation styled buildings with views over the shimmering Caribbean Sea
- Sitting on the shores of Admiralty Bay looking out onto the sparkling blue waters of the Caribbean Sea
- Stunning luxury retreat that offers the rarity of both intimacy and spaciousness
- Close to one of Bequia's most stunning bays - Princess Margaret Beach and the charming little town of Port Elizabeth
Featuring tropical and nautical decor, Bequia Beach Hotel is an Island paradise
- Luxury Caribbean boutique hotel located on Friendship Beach
- Airy Tropical or nautical-inspired decor rooms
- A True Hideaway Island perfect for Beach Bliss
Escape to a real tropical oasis on a tiny island in the Grenadines, nestled beside a mile and a half of exquisite white sand beach
- Access to the hotel 18-hole Championship Golf Course Trump International *
- Complimentary water sports including hydro bikes, snorkelling equipment and sunfish sailing
- Enjoy your meals at the Palapa Restaurant - an open terrace set right at the water edge, offering Italian & West Indian Cusine
Leave the world behind and escape to Palm Island, a private island that's the ultimate idyllic tropical hideaway - it's what exclusivity is all about
- Superb all-inclusive options at two Ã la carte restaurants, daily afternoon tea, cocktail party, silent disco, beach cinema and weekly cooking demonstrations
- Take to the waters to swim, snorkel and dive, or explore the 135-acre hideaway by foot or bike
- Private island resort with five white sand beaches to choose from
Located on the idyllic paradise island off the south coast of St. Vincent & Grenadines, Young Island is a tropical haven...
Make the most of the exclusive services and one-of-a-kind facilities of the all-inclusive Palm Island Resort during your...
Experience the best of two stunning locations within the Caribbean where you will be able to relax, unwind, and...
Located in a prime beach front location and surrounded by blooming flowers and towering coconut trees you can find the...
Come and lose yourself in the Caribbean Splendour of Bequia Beach Hotel. This new retro-chic beach hotel offers...
Set out on a dream Caribbean excursion in the gorgeous Grenadines archipelago for an unforgettable week of R&R. Besides...