Hyatt Hotels and Resort opens Andaz Peninsula Papagayo in Costa Rica
Hyatt Hotels unveiled its debut property in Costa Rica last month with the opening of the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, in Guanacaste. The luxury hotel opened its doors on 20th December, 2013 and has 153 guest rooms, an open-air lobby, an 11,000-square-foot spa with nine treatment rooms, and a full service marina.
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts has announced the recent opening of its debut property in Latin America.
The Andaz Peninsula Papagayo in Guanacaste, Costa Rica opened its doors to guests on 20th December, 2013.
Located on 28 acres of oceanfront land, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo has 153 guest rooms and 21 suites, each with balconies boasting stunning views of the Bay of Culebra and local woven textiles and unique handcrafted furnishings. Modern in-room amenities include wireless internet, free mini-bar snacks, and unlimited local phone calls.
The hotel is located on the north-western Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste and its design and architecture has been inspired by the shapes of cocoons and seashells and reflects the area's local culture. Added touches include a "How to Surf Costa Rica Guide" for guests which has been written by surfing enthusiast twin brothers, Alex and Mike Faherty from the Faherty surf and lifestyle apparel brand, and a hotel soundtrack with Costa Rica-inspired songs selected by New York DJ, Jared Dietch.
One of the eco-friendly hotel's unique features is the restaurant that has been built around a tree and has different mezzanine levels that create the shape of oyster mushrooms. There are also two fine-dining seafood and tapas-style restaurants.
Hotel guests can enjoy beach activities, swim in the adults-only pool or have fun in the family pool, workout at the fitness centre, or admire the work of local artists at exhibits displayed in the hotel's Art Space.
The 11,000-square-foot ONDA Spa and its nine treatment rooms has a selection of pampering services and treatments, while the marina offers full boating services for guest arriving by sea.
Costa Rica, meaning "rich coast" is a country in Latin America bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west and it is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes. The country is home more than 1,000 miles of coastline, thriving tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, majestic mountains, white and black sand beaches, and an array of nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot to learn about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- See the natural wonders of Costa Rica
- Sky Walk Arenal’s Hanging Bridges
- Includes Sarapiqui River Rafting class
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- Activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...