Jamaica and Cuba remain top-selling holiday destinations in the Caribbean
A recent report from the Post Office has discovered that Jamaica holidays are a favourite for tourists seeking cheaper breaks in the Caribbean, while online travel agent "Love Holidays" has found that the island of Cuba is proving to be the most popular Caribbean destination for sun-seeking travellers.
After a recent survey by the Post Office revealed that Jamaica was one of the favourite destinations for affordable breaks in the Caribbean, the online travel company "Love Holidays" has carried out further research into its best-selling Caribbean destinations.
The number of tourists visiting Jamaica this year has increased by 50 per cent compared to 2012 and the majority of holidaymakers book all-inclusive breaks to save costs, on the other hand Cuba remain the most popular holiday destination for tourist planning trips to the Caribbean, accounting for 70 per cent of the region's bookings.
Jonny Marsh, the COO of Love Holidays explained:
"Jamaica was once considered unsafe by many but our customers are seeing it as increasingly desirable. After seeing a 50 per cent increase this year and with the added incentive of our low deposits from just £49pp, we expect our sales of Jamaica holidays to continue to grow, in particular, our all inclusive holidays for 2014."
Mr Marsh explained that figures represent Jamaica's "exceptional value compared to some other Caribbean resorts".
"Cuba holidays also represent fantastic value for money but until recently they have remained off the mainstream tourist radar. It's only a matter of time before flights resume from Miami so now is the time to go if customers want to experience a true taste of Cuba. With the price of a 5 star all inclusive package, coming in at £529pp, Cuba is another Caribbean island representing terrific value."
Jamaica is a stunning tropical island situated in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice in Jamaica.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The communist island is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, and the second largest barrier reef in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
- Good value Adults only property
- Adults only paradise with a selection of restaurants to try on All Inclusive
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa offers a dream holiday
- Save up to 32% off all room types and up to 2 Kids 14 and under stay free
- Relax on the Lazy River or on the beach
- All Inclusive Resort with 7 restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Discounts of up to 30% off all room types included plus One Child stays free per paying adult
- Leave your daily stresses behind and relax with the magical spa services
- A wide selection of restaurants with an international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to Jamaican delicacies
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- Endless daytime activities such as snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & many more
- The adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility and Unlimited-Luxury® including 24-hour room service
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights....
The Hilton Rose Hall is a five-star establishment in this area that sits strategically between the beautiful Blue...
Your relaxing stay at the adults only Sunset at the Palms starts with a complimentary fast-track service through Montego...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled one mile away from the town of Negril, The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to a multitude of...
If you're looking for a beautiful, elegant and exotic venue to celebrate a wedding, enjoy a honeymoon, or simply spend...