Hyatt's Andaz Papagayo to open in Costa Rica in December, 2013
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will open their first Latin American hotel in December, 2013. The Andaz Papagayo will open on the Papagayo Peninsula in Costa Rica and there will be 153 guest rooms, an open-air lobby, an 11,000-square-foot spa with nine treatment rooms, and a marina with full services for travellers who arriving to their Costa Rica holidays via boat or yacht.
Andaz, a hotel chain managed by Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, will be making their debut in Latin America when they launch a brand new hotel in Costa Rica in December, 2013.
The upscale Andaz Papagayo is located on the north-western Papagayo Peninsula and will open its doors to tourists taking Costa Rica holidays on 15th December.
The property will have 153 guest rooms, an open-air lobby, an 11,000-square-foot spa with nine treatment rooms, and a marina that will have full boating services. Vincent De Croock, the hotel's Director of Sales and Marketing explained:
"The idea is to give our guests a sense of place as much as possible."
One of the Costa Rica hotel's unique features will be the restaurant which has been built around a tree and has different mezzanine levels that create the shape of oyster mushrooms. There will also be a There will also be two fine-dining seafood and a tapas-style restaurants.
Located on 2,222 acres of land that includes two peninsulas on the Bay of Culebra, the Andaz Papagayo is an excellent choice for tourists seeking tranquil and eco-friendly holidays in Costa Rica.
Guest rooms boast balconies with views of the bay and they feature local woven textiles and unique handcrafted furnishings.
In Costa Rica, hotel guests can enjoy beach activities, swim in the adults-only pool or have fun in the family pool, workout at the fitness centre, or marvel the work of local artists at exhibits displayed in the hotel's Art Space.
Costa Rica is a country in Latin America bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west and it is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes. The nation boasts more than 1,000 miles of coastline, verdant tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, soaring mountains, white and black sand beaches, and an array of nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
Costa Rica means "'rich coast" and the country is one of the world's most popular destinations for eco-travellers due to its biodiversity and has also been ranked as the "happiest place to live in the world".
The nation is a playground for adrenalin-seekers and visitors taking holidays to Costa Rica can enjoy exciting activities such as scuba diving, trekking through rainforests, surfing, zip lining, climbing, rafting, kayaking, mountain biking and horse riding.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- Activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...